Proposal: Ducks - Rangers (Fowler/Trouba)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
1. Who's says that Fowler slots in next to Fox?
2. For a cap savings of 1.5, I see Fowler as an older downgrade (even if he is a LHD).
3. Why would the Rangers unload Trouba and then look to the UFA market?

Personally, I have no problem if they need to move Trouba to a pairing with Gustafsson/Jones.

Bigger picture. If the Rangers get bounced in 1st round or quielty go out in the 2nd round this year, I'm fine trading Trouba, especially if he doesn't have a great playoff.

Schneider is arguably better than him already and could use a bump in ice time and role. That right there is could be incentive to trade him.

If Trouba has a great playoff run and/or the Rangers go deep and somehow win it, obviously that changes things.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
For 1.5 difference, I'm not sure the organization wants to part with Trouba. He's big in the community. He's their captain. He's physical. I don't think there's a ton of savings here to make this move for them. I haven't really paid much attention to Fowler in a couple of years so I can't speak if his play has declined or if he'd be good on the first pair. My mind says DONE DEAL, but really it's a 1.5 difference and I'm not sure it would make that much of an actual difference. Playing the left side would be good though.
This…
If they wind up trading him it’s because Schneider moves up and they reallocate his cap hit elsewhere….

No way he’s moved to save 1.5….and it’s debatable if Fowler is an upgrade.
Both have different styles and provide different things…
Not gonna lie, I’d love to see a miller-Schneider pair and how they progress together

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
A lot of Ranger fans hate Trouba so the fact that many are saying this trade isn't good for the Rangers says a lot. Personally I would be surprised if he is moved but if he is I would bet Rangers won't go with anyone Fowlers age. Think they would use the money to find players in FA or use draft capital to trade for other players. With his NTC I think it would have to be a 3rd team involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad