Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm interested to see if anything happens with Nick Sorensen. I know we hold his rights but not much more than that.

He was second on his swedish team in goal scoring last season despite, of course, missing double digit games with injury.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Sorensen could be a nice Johnathan hedstrom type bottom six player. I wonder if he is still in our plans or us in his.

Oct 18, 2011
Bring Sorensen over. No more useless vets on the fourth line bullshit. Re-sign Grant and find a couple talented kids with him..and MAKE RANDY PLAY THEM. it's not bad for their development if they actually play. Our fourth Should be used for trying different kids until a few step up and take a spot.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Sorensen could be a nice Johnathan hedstrom type bottom six player. I wonder if he is still in our plans or us in his.

Yeah thats an interesting one. Could be a thing where he and the team both agreed he'd be better off in Sweden for a year or two, could be that he just doesn't want to play in the AHL. Stuff like this is one of the few times I get frustrated that there's so little info coming from the team.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Yeah, wonder why Murray hasn't signed him? Either he doesn't see the upside some of us do, or the agent wants higher round money (instead of 7th rounder money).
Maybe he just doesn't want to sign with the Ducks at this point and rather see if he gets drafted again by another team or becomes a UFA.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Soy understands that he can`t conserve energy like some of the veterans here and wants to go to some other, lower level organisation where he will have a chance :sarcasm:

Would be dissapointing to lose rights to him for sure

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
So I guess it's official that Soy will have to sauce it up again and see if another team will give him a chance.

Yes, he re-enters the 2018 NHL draft. However, should he go undrafted, there's still the chance that Soy gets an AHL-only contract from the Gulls. For example, the Ducks never signed Brian Cooper (2012 5th rounder) to an ELC, but instead he was brought into the organization on an AHL deal.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Yes, he re-enters the 2018 NHL draft. However, should he go undrafted, there's still the chance that Soy gets an AHL-only contract from the Gulls. For example, the Ducks never signed Brian Cooper (2012 5th rounder) to an ELC, but instead he was brought into the organization on an AHL deal.

So I'm assuming that the motivation is mainly monetary given that he is a 7th round pick?

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
hes too old for the draft. He's a FA.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some info on Ducks players who made their NHL debut last season? What type of player are they, do they have an NHL future and what role do they project into long-term? Thanks!

Troy Terry
Marcus Pettersson
Gionvanni Fiore
Andy Welinski
Kevin Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad