Speculation: Ducks looking to add more scoring

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I just don't get this. We might be struggling to score, but we don't really have any holes and those struggles are more related to injuries, coaching, the fact that a few of our unmovable old guys have taken a dive, and the young guys are still works in progress. There's no real room to force things with a trade, it's really is just a matter of being patient.

That said, I don't believe we have the depth anymore to entertain D for F trades. The only angle I can get behind is the option to bring in another elite player. Something we are in short supply of beyond Getzlaf and Gibson. Cap issues are tricky, but I think a package of a young NHL-ready player, prospect and a pick (not a 1st)... the typical ask, is logical. There are quite a few teams underachieving this season so I don't think it's far-fetched to think that there are options out there right now that wouldn't normally be.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
TOR management loves Jacob Larsson at his draft year. We traded down again after you took him.

I’m not sure if that was purely a Hunter thing, or Dubas had the same thoughts, but if there was ever a ANA-TOR deal in the not so distant future, it’d make sense for Larsson to be a guy TOR would value.
Ya ive heard that from toronto fans a few times... the problem is larsson doesnt get us impactful help. Most guys we can get with larsson we have similar in our system

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
They should just call up their young offensive talent. I'm not surprised though as this is what Anaheim management does.
And what is that exactly? Anaheim have been one of the best teams for developing young players in recent times, the reason the young talent isn't going to be up this season is because they are flat out not ready this season.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
TOR management loves Jacob Larsson at his draft year. We traded down again after you took him.

I’m not sure if that was purely a Hunter thing, or Dubas had the same thoughts, but if there was ever a ANA-TOR deal in the not so distant future, it’d make sense for Larsson to be a guy TOR would value.

Defensemen named Larsson are only traded for former 1st overall picks. So... Tavares or Matthews. You pick. :)

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
And what is that exactly? Anaheim have been one of the best teams for developing young players in recent times, the reason the young talent isn't going to be up this season is because they are flat out not ready this season.

Anaheim's "system" isn't really the best for young offensive forwards to shine and succeed. That plus they get like only five games before they get retrograded to 4th line or sent down. For a young talent to get up to speed, you need to give them 10 games at least (where you let them get comfortable), then after that span of time they usually raise their contribution.

As to the young guys, Comtois was doing good before his injury and then he was just dumped down (to the AHL).

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Anaheim's "system" isn't really the best for young offensive forwards to shine and succeed. That plus they get like only five games before they get retrograded to 4th line or sent down. For a young talent to get up to speed, you need to give them 10 games at least (where you let them get comfortable), then after that span of time they usually raise their contribution.

As to the young guys, Comtois was doing good before his injury and then he was just dumped down (to the AHL).
I mean that's not really true at all, young forwards get plenty of chances in Anaheim (Rakell, Ritchie, Kase etc in recent times who ended up establishing themselves as top 9 forwards). Heck, Anaheim had several young players get 10+ games this season already and one rookie is actually still on the team as a regular forward - the only young forward who didn't get 10+ games this season was Terry, but that was as it was clear as day he wasn't ready for the NHL yet - even if you gave him 50 games. Sometimes young talent is just not quite ready for the NHL at that point, which is certainly the case with Anaheim's young forwards currently.

Also Comtois was sent to the AHL on a conditioning stint after his injury, he wasn't 'dumped' there. By the time he was done with his conditioning stint with San Diego, Anaheim had got healthy upfront again and had no choice but to return him to the CHL.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Tatar for something

<5M contract for a sub-50 point forward is not really anything the Ducks would be interested in

Devils and Ducks are great Partners..Miles Wood and Mirco Mueller for Brendan Montour.

That is a horrible trade, but then since you don't even appear to know the guys name, I suppose expecting proper valuation would be too much

Simmonds and Lehtera for Henrique.

Older UFA and cap dump for one of our best forwards. Where do we sigh? *sigh*

TheShaneTrain

Mar 21, 2010
East Greenville
Say...25% retained on either one
?

That basically puts the cap hit between 5.2 and 5.8 depending on Anaheims preference. Flyers needs are d, 2c, and a shoot-first winger, probably in that order.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm surprised GMBM is still looking for offense. As others have said, the forward lines look pretty full right now and that is without Rakell and Perry who will be back as well as Eaves who may be back for the playoffs. The team is loaded at center and RW. LW is looking much better with Kase, Ritchie, Cogliano all playing pretty well. Very odd statement.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
seems like they want some what of an impact forward at the least, meaning they would have to give up something good. I doubt ana wants more middle 6 players.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad