Speculation: Ducks looking to add more scoring

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If the conditions were structured right this wouldn't be a bad idea. Depending on his production I'm sure the pick could go as high as a second or third round pick.

I'm joking. He ain't worth squat right now, we just have to hope he gets it together or he will be a compliance buyout.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Coyle and Nino are being shopped, I wonder if the two teams are talking at all. Though they both need the same thing, so they aren't necessarily a good fit unless there's some kind of change of scenery deal to be made.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Dzingel for Montour.

Top-4 defenseman for an upcoming UFA is not a good basis for a deal. The Ducks can't afford to move another defenseman, the roster and the farm is as thin as it can be right now. Theodore, Vatanen and now Pettersson were all dealt during the last year or so.

James Neal for a conditional 7th

No thanks, we have enough overpriced old guys as is.

With the way the Ducks are trending, this doesn't make sense age-wise, plus we probably couldn't afford his upcoming extension.

This is just my speculation, but IMO the best course of action for the Ducks is to sell Silfverberg to a contender. We probably can't afford to keep him long term, plus we could use a 1st rounder or a skilled F prospect with good upside.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I'm joking. He ain't worth squat right now, we just have to hope he gets it together or he will be a compliance buyout.
I know he's worth squat - that's why I thought that a conditional pick going the other way would make sense. The more he produces the higher the pick - that kind of thing.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Who is available for this scoring?

If the Ducks are willing to dangle a defenseman, then they can easily pry out a player that they want from just about anywhere. If it's just prospects then they're competing with 5 other teams who are looking to add scoring from the one or two teams that are selling.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Whomever they go after, I have to think they’ll be a left handed shot since there’s so many righties on the team. What would Winnipeg want for Connor or Ehlers?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He's not much but Nichushkin is available for cheap I assume lol. Maybe he'd benefit with playing on another team

You can also take Brett Ritchie for free as a bonus so he can be with Nick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad