Proposal: Ducks-Leafs

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I added Timashov, because in my trade both Comtois, and Ritchie are LW, so there is a loss of two LW.... you've got Johnsson, and Timashov coming in as replacements.

Comparing when players enter the league, across various teams can be difficult. When you've got teams that are very deep in certain positions, and value overseasoning in the minors, it's going to take players longer to make the NHL. The age when they enter the NHL, shouldn't determine their value. Right now, the Leafs prefer to keep players in the AHL, to maximize their learning. I'm not going to trying and sell the idea that Timashov is an incredible prospect, but I think under the right circumstances, he's a 30ish point guy, third line energy winger. The addition was to balance out LW out, with LW in.

Ceci has actually been decent with the Leafs, not great, but better than expected. I've included him, as the Ducks are in need of RHD. In reality, there is little chance that they move Manson, but even for fantasy purposes, there is no chance that they move him, without a RHD coming back. Earlier I might have included Barrie in the equation, but frankly he's been great since the coaching change, PPG and been our best D (at least offensively) IMO, Barrie's value with an extension, would exceed that of Manson's.
Hyman, Marleau, Johansson and Ennis (+Leivo, Trevor Moore) :thumbu:

Manson >>>> Ceci
Comtois >> Tymashov

The Toronto Soft Ice are looking for more physicality and Anaheim should deliver it in a downgrade fashion. Why? The value simply isn't there. For Manson you would have to offer something much more valuable than Kapanen, as it kills Anaheim's D.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Meh. I like Ritchie bit not at the expense of Kapanen. As for the back up situation, I would rather see what teams are out by January and try to pick one up at a far cheaper price.

In this scenario we lose the back up almost certainly next year and would be in the exact same spot except we now have Ritchie instead of Kapanen. That seems like a downgrade.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Meh. I like Ritchie bit not at the expense of Kapanen. As for the back up situation, I would rather see what teams are out by January and try to pick one up at a far cheaper price.

In this scenario we lose the back up almost certainly next year and would be in the exact same spot except we now have Ritchie instead of Kapanen. That seems like a downgrade.
Isnt that the scenario in most cases due to cap strucuture?

Miller gives a expierenced back up, that also brings leadership to the locker room.

Id say more
Aj + hutch + 4th
For
Ritchie + miller

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Isnt that the scenario in most cases due to cap strucuture?

Miller gives a expierenced back up, that also brings leadership to the locker room.

Id say more
Aj + hutch + 4th
For
Ritchie + miller

i would love to get miller but trading either AJ or kap is an overpayment. backup goalie are worthless , where is the demand ? comrie went on waivers and is prob a better goalie.
richtie is an OK player nothing special and nowhere near the value of the players we are trading away. hes a 10 goal 30 point guy. And we are adding a pick ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i would love to get miller but trading either AJ or kap is an overpayment. backup goalie are worthless , where is the demand ? comrie went on waivers and is prob a better goalie.
richtie is an OK player nothing special and nowhere near the value of the players we are trading away. hes a 10 goal 30 point guy. And we are adding a pick ?

in theory
Miller >> Hutchinson(at least)
AJ > Ritchie

I put the difference quite a bit further between miller and Hutchinson over AJ and Ritchie.... so I added the 4th but it could go down further... or if you have a decent argument as to why Anaheim adds, id listen

Aj is what 20/40 guy? Playing on a very good offensive team
Ritchie is 10/30 guy, playing on a very bad offensive team.

You save a bit of money with Ritchie(who will likely produce more in a line up like Toronto), which could be used to pick up some defensive depth(or sign a more permanent back up in off season) , Plus Ritchie gives the team much needed grit/mean side.

Wait... Eric comrie a better goalie than Miller?

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Would rather get a late 1st for Kapanen if we have to trade him. Not a 40 year old goalie and a 4th liner (yes he's a 4th liner on the Leafs).

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Ritchie is IMO better than Kapanen and is on a much better contract. Miller isn’t going out East and Hutchinson is horrible. Is Bracco enough to make the deal work from all sides? I doubt it.
That’s one spicy meatball

bmoc

Sep 2, 2010
I would do it... ✅ done
Ana
Kasperi Kapanen
Michael Hutchinson

Tor
Ryan Miller
Nick Ritchie

Ad

Upcoming events