GDT: Ducks @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Pretty intense game!

Nice fight by Maroon. And good to see Despres getting his first point of the season. :handclap:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
We've pretty much caught everyone in games played, even played one more than San Jose, and we have passed all in points as well. Pretty insane comeback, but I feel like the west hast been losing every game for a month.

We would lead the wildcard right now as well, and with games in hand. The Pacific sucks thing is regressing back to the mean.
We win our head-to-head games with LA and we're only 2 points behind them, assuming an equal record otherwise.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Watching the game now and just saw our first goal. Say what you want about Fowler but he can be an asset if used properly. Set him up Vatanen for a few one timers perfectly. One of those lead directly to Rakell's first goal.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Nice bounce back-game. Good for Ricky with 2 goals after last night as well. Sick hands and sneaky. But he still need to work on his job at the dot.

Anyway, solid effort righttrough the lineup - But Philly was pretty meh. Pens was way more dangerous with their speed game and worldclass finisher. This was a lot more physicall affair, fun game never the less.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Man that 2nd goal is why it's so tempting to put that Rakell-Getz-Perry like back together.

Think they should be put together. Rakell gets raped in the faceoff circle.

But then we need another center. Can Noesen play center?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

And then you hope that Perron can play with whoever he gets put with, and that Stewart doesn't turn back into a pumpkin. It's not as much of a no-brainier as it sounds like.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

The problem is Perron and Stewart have actually been good playing with Getzlaf. I don't think we have any centers that will make them produce. Will have to trade for an offensive center.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Watching the replay, Maroon could get a pretty good suspension for that fight if the league feels like it. He bee-lined for him right off of the bench.

70.10Fines and Suspensions – The first player to leave the players’ or penalty bench illegally during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation from either or both teams shall be suspended automatically without pay for the next ten (10) regular League and/or Play-off games of his team.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Watching the replay, Maroon could get a pretty good suspension for that fight if the league feels like it. He bee-lined for him right off of the bench.
I dont recall it, but I dont think he left the bench illegally?

DaDucks*

Watching the game now and just saw our first goal. Say what you want about Fowler but he can be an asset if used properly. Set him up Vatanen for a few one timers perfectly. One of those lead directly to Rakell's first goal.

Yup, that shot of Vatanen's really isn't replaceable.

Makes you think.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Watched entire game. I thought Andersen was the best player for us. I also thought Getzlaf and Despres were very good.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yup, that shot of Vatanen's really isn't replaceable.

Makes you think.

It definitely makes one think if it's smart to trade Vatanen, but if you're referring to debate between he and Fowler, it's still a no brainer that you trade Vatanen between the two.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It definitely makes one think if it's smart to trade Vatanen, but if you're referring to debate between he and Fowler, it's still a no brainer that you trade Vatanen between the two.

Especially since Theodore's shot replaces Vatanen's shot pretty darn well.

Makes you think someone didn't think things through.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
John Scott is John Scott. Maroon was legitimately on the ice and skating in a circle or something wouldn't change that. I really don't see any danger here.

I don't either. But it's not like Patrick Maroon is all that many steps up the food chain from John Scott in the eyes of many. He's an easy rather IF the league is in the mood to make an example of someone. I was just pointing out that there's reason to nail him if they want to.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Especially since Theodore's shot replaces Vatanen's shot pretty darn well.

Makes you think someone didn't think things through.

Ideally It's Theodore and Vatanen on D on the PP, but it would be beyond stupid to trade Fowler.

If one has to go, it's Vatanen, and it's not close.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
John Scott is John Scott. Maroon was legitimately on the ice and skating in a circle or something wouldn't change that. I really don't see any danger here.

I think it's happened to a few other guys as well, where they legitimately were sent on but bee-lined it to fight and were suspended. I know it happened to a Ducks player in preseason, one of those former Oiler fourth liners. But, yeah, they've definitely shown issue with guys going straight from the bench to a fight. Maroon not being a goon might save him a game or two, but if they see it that way, I'd think good chance he gets suspended. They might not see it that way, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad