GDT: Ducks @ Coyotes Game 2-3/4/13 6:00 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He hasn't had a full season without call ups from Anaheim. He's propsering as a true foward in Norfolk AD. With exception of Holland and Palms taking roles in Anaheim what do we want to do with this kid. Send him down I'm all for it. We might have a Palms or better on our hands with Etem. We discussed this a month ago, top line minutes in Norfolk and PP time might be the best option to get this kid on a prosperous goal path. Have him turn into a Ryan or Perry some day. I just feel these 4th line minutes are almost useless for a first round pick that still needs some more ice time before things start to click. We've all witnesses his speed, hockey iq, and potential what are we going to do with it management? That's the question AD

Hes playing 4th line mins because he isnt exactly doing much to earn top 6 mins. Where he plays and what lines he plays on is basically all on him... he hasnt impressed in a scoring manner to get those mins. Palmeiri has been getting shots, scoring and make great plays, even belesky has been scoring and at least making good offensive plays.

I personally would rather see him in Norfolk for the season.(dsp/etem are not ready) and mcmillan in my book isnt a suitable option, i think maroon should stay on our 4th line with bonino, i think out of who we have brought up holland/staubitz are the best options.

rageathem

Dec 27, 2012
New Brunswick,Canada
First time poster, long time lurker

Hiller was quoted as saying "Two or three of the goals were bad goals and you want to get them back. These things find a way through even though you think you're there and playing big" from a (TSN article)

All 3 goalies from both games have played pretty bad at times, and of course some times coming up big. Both teams allowing 8 goals in two games is not a good stat. The thing that irks me a bit is how Smith reacts when he wins the shoot out as if it was a great game and only allowed 1 goal

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I never thought it was possible to have such boring games with ends in a 5-4 (SO). Very uninspiring hockey the Ducks are playing... not just cuz their losing either. This team is just boring to watch. I guess being boring and having a (still) great record is better than having a losing record and being boring. I seriously considered putting on the shopping channel for a while.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Hiller was quoted as saying "Two or three of the goals were bad goals and you want to get them back. These things find a way through even though you think you're there and playing big" from a (TSN article)

All 3 goalies from both games have played pretty bad at times, and of course some times coming up big. Both teams allowing 8 goals in two games is not a good stat. The thing that irks me a bit is how Smith reacts when he wins the shoot out as if it was a great game and only allowed 1 goal

It's annoying, but hopefully it just gives the Ducks more motivation to beat him (and they already don't have trouble beating him).

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Hes playing 4th line mins because he isnt exactly doing much to earn top 6 mins. Where he plays and what lines he plays on is basically all on him... he hasnt impressed in a scoring manner to get those mins. Palmeiri has been getting shots, scoring and make great plays, even belesky has been scoring and at least making good offensive plays.

I personally would rather see him in Norfolk for the season.(dsp/etem are not ready) and mcmillan in my book isnt a suitable option, i think maroon should stay on our 4th line with bonino, i think out of who we have brought up holland/staubitz are the best options.

My big problem with the 4th line is the minutes they're not getting and the minutes that are top 3 lines play every night. BB said this was going to be different, we were going to roll 4 lines. Well we aren't and we are no doubt going to burn out much of our top 3, especially the older guys.

Winnik is disappearing slowly but surely and Teamu and Koivu will not last at this pace through March. Even if they do, when playoffs roll around they will be toast. Lets set a checking line as the 4th line and play them 12 minutes plus a night, not 6 minutes like has been happening.

eenok*

vatanen MUST IN

simple. out w the sbisa,lydman . must put in THE atletic vatanen. great numbers from jyvaskylä. this guy is A FENOMENOM! A TRUE SUPERSTAR..

EENOK,Hockeyprofessor,IL,Finland

eenok*

also please share if knowings of great cheaper place to stay in LAland. taking PM!

EENOK,Finland,IL,Jockeyprofessor

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My big problem with the 4th line is the minutes they're not getting and the minutes that are top 3 lines play every night. BB said this was going to be different, we were going to roll 4 lines. Well we aren't and we are no doubt going to burn out much of our top 3, especially the older guys.

Getzlaf and Perry have played 21 minutes a night for years, they can handle it. Their TOI/Game is right around where most star players are, Getzlaf is 12th among forwards and Perry is 36th.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

One look at his stupid haircut and you know all you need to know about Mike Smith.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Welcome to HF

I wonder what is up with Hillsy. He sure isn`t looking like a n°1 goalie this season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad