Confirmed with Link: Ducks claim Ross Johnston off waivers from the Islanders

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Apparently the “stop flaming” post didn’t get noticed.

Stop flaming. Attack the post, not the posters. Stop calling specific and/or groups of people names.

Anyone not paying attention this time can expect thread bans. Thank you.
Also ;

1) Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

11) No Disclosure of Personal Information: Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, private communications, or other personal information. Do not post publicly about your moderation history or the actions of moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leave those two alone. But he has my approval to run down Landeskog, Brown, Byfield, Danault and that one Frenchie who took a liberty against Z from the Habs...Paquette?

He may punch their faces in on a game-to-game basis.

Didn’t brown retire and get a statue….

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I would say he's better than Parros but worse than May and Thornton. Regardless the team won't be competitive for at 2-3 years which is his contract

Parros played and of course Shawn Thornton and Brad May
Let's also don't forget O'Donnell and Moen not heavyweights but close

I'm guessing Pronger would be one
Moen was a warrior, had a lot more fights than people remember. In today's NHL he'd be seen as sort of a Deslaurier type who can play hockey well enough and fight. He had 16 fights in 2003-04 season. 9 in 2006-07 which was 4th on the team in cup winning season.

The 06-07 team lol almost everyone had at least one fight except for Scott Niedermayer,, Pahlsson, Andy McDonald and Teemu Selanne. The kid line had a 1 to 2 fights each. Pronger, Beauch, O'Donnell, DiPenta, Huskins, O'Brien all had fights. Kunitz had one as well.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I figured those were the three you were referring to. Not to belittle their impact, but it's wild to me that two of those guys averaged less than 4 minutes of ice time in the playoffs that year.

Randy was basically rolling 3 forward lines and 2 defensive pairs. Don't think that's a viable strategy nowadays.

Pronger barely made the cut at number 5, and get this, TIED with Scott Niedermayer! They each had 26 PIMs while playing roughly 30 minutes a game at ages 32 & 33.
Arguments aside that really was a "tough" and "nasty" team.
Pronger
Beauch
O'Donnell
Kunitz
Getzlaf
Perry
Penner
R. Niedermayer
Moen
May
Parrors
Thornton
That's nearly half the roster. Literally no matter which lines/pairs that were on the you had 2 guys who can handle themselves. Not saying that's needed or even advisable in today's nhl but that team had 0 fear

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Pronger
Beauch
O'Donnell
Kunitz
Getzlaf
Perry
Penner
R. Niedermayer
Moen
May
Parrors
Thornton
That's nearly half the roster. Literally no matter which lines/pairs that were on the you had 2 guys who can handle themselves. Not saying that's needed or even advisable in today's nhl but that team had 0 fear
Glory days

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Pronger
Beauch
O'Donnell
Kunitz
Getzlaf
Perry
Penner
R. Niedermayer
Moen
May
Parrors
Thornton
We literally will never see a kid line like Penner/Getzlaf/Perry again.
Even with how young they were: 6'2, 6'4 and 6'3 was too much size for teams to shutdown. They weren't no 'Disney' team anymore and the rebranded Anaheim Ducks had its identity of being big, bad and physical.

Felt like every shift in 07 playoffs someone was dishing out big hits.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I figured those were the three you were referring to. Not to belittle their impact, but it's wild to me that two of those guys averaged less than 4 minutes of ice time in the playoffs that year.

Randy was basically rolling 3 forward lines and 2 defensive pairs. Don't think that's a viable strategy nowadays.

Pronger barely made the cut at number 5, and get this, TIED with Scott Niedermayer! They each had 26 PIMs while playing roughly 30 minutes a game at ages 32 & 33.
I know Niedermayer went after Datsuk late in one game most likely got an instigator/game misconduct
Their impact was mostly intimidation factor as if the Ducks were ever blown they would goon it up late in game which the current team just lays down in shame when blown out. In fact opposing teams still played more physical despite blowing the team out.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I know Niedermayer went after Datsuk late in one game most likely got an instigator/game misconduct
Their impact was mostly intimidation factor as if the Ducks were ever blown they would goon it up late in game which the current team just lays down in shame when blown out. In fact opposing teams still played more physical despite blowing the team out.
Game 6 2-1 ducks hiller big save at the horn. Perry was fighting rafalski. I tear up thinking about it

Reactions: 190Octane

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
IMG_4138.jpeg

5minsforfighting

Sep 20, 2005
Pronger
Beauch
O'Donnell
Kunitz
Getzlaf
Perry
Penner
R. Niedermayer
Moen
May
Parrors
Thornton
Even before game started you knew whether this team wins or losses, they will never back down from anyone and will put up the fight one way or another. Entertaining times...

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
There's certain posters here not going to mention are foaming at the mouth to bash Johnston. If he takes one penalty there will be 50 posts immediately calling for him to get waived
Or if a duck gets injured “I guess Johnston isn’t doing his job as a deterrent “

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
There's certain posters here not going to mention are foaming at the mouth to bash Johnston. If he takes one penalty there will be 50 posts immediately calling for him to get waived
I want to be entertained. So fights and hits need to be happening. We didn't bring Johnston here to play good hockey. We brought him to destroy people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad