Confirmed with Link: Ducks claim Lassi Thomson on waivers from the Senators

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
No real downside here, especially since we have 1st rights to claims until, what, Nov 1st? Better having a warm body with some kind of upside than having the Bieksas and Shattenkirks of this world on the ice.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
@Kalv was right on this one
Felt like a fitting piece to try out when Drysdale is gone. Plus, he's still young and we develop D well. But not sure he can lock a spot. If he doesn't, he will be claimed again

No real downside here, especially since we have 1st rights to claims until, what, Nov 1st? Better having a warm body with some kind of upside than having the Bieksas and Shattenkirks of this world on the ice.
But can we claim him again? Does it work like that?

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Doesn’t this mean we he can’t be sent down for like another month?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So…is this good? Or just this year’s Leason?
I mean I generally think it’s foolish to expect anyone placed on waivers to be anything more than a fringe player since these guys are waived for a reason (which is why I laugh that there are posters who seem legitimately mad that that’s all Leason is, not referring to you btw) but he’s certainly young enough to where there’s a chance a change of scenery turns his career around… look how long it took Montour to break out just as an example

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I mean I generally think it’s foolish to expect anyone placed on waivers to be anything more than a fringe player since these guys are waived for a reason (which is why I laugh that there are posters who seem legitimately mad that that’s all Leason is, not referring to you btw) but he’s certainly young enough to where there’s a chance a change of scenery turns his career around… look how long it took Montour to break out just as an example
Sometimes there are some gems that teams try to sneak through this time of year because of team depth, which was what I was hoping for.

Yeah, my thought with Leason wasn’t so much why we claimed him, but more why we kept him.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I'm certainly going to hope, but I am definitely not going to believe.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
The more defensemen the merrier.

I thought Thomson looked good the other season. Last season not so much. It didn't look like he had much hope in Ottawa due to their depth at D and like said he apparently got outplayed this preseason. So we shall see, which version Anaheim gets.

Is he supposed to be a stand in for Drysdale? Why isn't that guy signed yet? Insane.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sometimes there are some gems that teams try to sneak through this time of year because of team depth, which was what I was hoping for.

Yeah, my thought with Leason wasn’t so much why we claimed him, but more why we kept him.
Out of all the guys waived so far, Lassi is the probably the most intriguing talent. Fagemo from the Kings is also interesting to me, hope we snag him as well.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Nothing wrong with this pickup, worst-case scenario he's not an NHL-level player and we don't lose anything and can just waive him again, best-case scenario he turns into the player he was expected to be when he was drafted and we make out like bandits.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You stole our top prospect!
Seriously though…he’s pretty good. I like him. He has a chance. Good offensive instincts, decent size, might just need some coaching. Could be a good bottom pairing guy for you.
Worth the free gamble and I’m sad to see him go.
Good luck lassi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad