GDT: Ducks @ Avs 18th Feb 7PM MDT || An Avalanche man should be neither seen nor heard

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
In an effort to keep our new winning tactics secret, the game will not be televised but will be radioed.

Lineups

Colorado Avalanche

Varlamov G
Martin G

Guenin D
Johnson D
Hejda D
Elliott D
Lauridsen D
Bigras D
Geertsen D

McGinn LW
Landeskog LW
McLeod LW
Bourke LW
Stastny C
MacKinnon C
Mitchell C
Smith C
Parenteau RW
Tanguay RW
Meurs RW
Wyman RW

Anaheim Ducks

Anderssen
Gibson
Bobkov

Fowler
Lovejoy
Fistric
Yonkman
Lindholm
Theodore
Clark

Bonino
Penner
Palmieri
Silfverberg
Winnik
Kurtz
Stortini
Suave
Maroon
Etem
Rakell
Smith-Pelley
Whiney

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
My guess for lines.

Landeskog Stastny Tanguay
McGinn MacKinnon Parenteau
McLeod Mitchell Meurs
Bourke Smith Wyman

Bigras EJ
Hejda Elliott
Lauridsen Guenin
Geertsen

Varlamov
Martin

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Avs should win this game. Im calling 5-1avs.

Mack 1g
Stastny 2 goals
Johnson 1 goal
Mcginn 1 goal

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
In honor of the Thread Title (AD fans will recognize this)

buster-bluth-milford-man.gif

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I thought it was a weird reference to Mitchell Heard.

Now I understand :laugh:

Most of us won't get to see them until regular season starts.

The positive side to that is that we won't wildly overreact to what happens in pre-season games, I guess.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Colin Smith should get that 3rd C over mitchell, mitchell will already be 4th C anyways reg season so it doesn't hurt to see how the kid does. He looked good with PAP apparently

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I want to watch this game so bad. Seems like they could show some preseason games on NHL network. Get people hyped for the season. I'm sure it'd get better ratings than "oil change."

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I want to watch this game so bad. Seems like they could show some preseason games on NHL network. Get people hyped for the season. I'm sure it'd get better ratings than "oil change."

NHL Network has been showing preseason games. But why would they ever show the Avs? Might as well show popular teams.

Now Altitude... That is another story.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
NHL Network has been showing preseason games. But why would they ever show the Avs? Might as well show popular teams.

It's not up to NHL Network. They just use local broadcasts.

Avs pre-season games aren't televised because Altitude and the networks of Kings/Stars/Ducks don't televise them.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Very excited for the start of the Bigras-EJ era.

That is a pretty inexperienced Ducks roster.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Big game tonight!

This is make or break time. If we lose tonight, we are in for a long season.

:sarcasm:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
It's not up to NHL Network. They just use local broadcasts.

Avs pre-season games aren't televised because Altitude and the networks of Kings/Stars/Ducks don't televise them.

I see. I still remain skeptical that even if a feed was a available to them, NHL would pick it up.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Purchased Game Center Live last night...so pumped I was able to watch some of the archived games immediately. Will be watching some from '96 tonight.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Cheering for Ducks, might as well get the tank going early.

This year wouldn't be a good year to tank. However I wouldn't mind tanking next year for McDavid

edit: Btw, hypothetically speaking, if Avs finish last in 2014-2015 season (which is not entirely impossible) and draft McDavid, would you rather go with Mackinnon, McDavid duo at center, or Duchene, McDavid

Last edited:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Purchased Game Center Live last night...so pumped I was able to watch some of the archived games immediately. Will be watching some from '96 tonight.

Too bad they're like 160p quality with a lot of stuff cut out. No replays on goals, no celebrations, no after whistle scrums or fights. Amazing how much that adds to the experience. I watched one old game and I couldn't stand to watch more.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

NHL Network is not showing any western conference games that don't involve Chicago or Vancouver. The eastern bias is incredible. I only think a handful of western conference games are on NBC the entire season. Anyway, no excuse for nothing from the locals, a stream would be nice but at least there is radio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad