GDT: Ducks at Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
The good news is that there's no way our goaltending can stay this bad the whole season. If/when our goaltenders regress to the mean, it will actually be an improvement.

Big Al 2

Feb 1, 2013
Shootout might not even get to the 2nd round if Hitchcock puts in the reliable McDonald over rookie Tarasenko. He judged that poorly. Not sure why Berglund went either.

The kid hit the post, I want him shooting as much as possible

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Shootout might not even get to the 2nd round if Hitchcock puts in the reliable McDonald over rookie Tarasenko. He judged that poorly.

That's like saying that you left your new Ferrari in the garage because you like your reliable Ford Mustang. :laugh:

Though Berglund probably compares to a hatchback in this universe, so I could agree with McDonald over Berglund.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
I was way intoxicated to really get a grasp on what I was watching last night, so I dont have much to say. No one seems to be giving any credit to Koivu, Selanne and Ryan. They pretty took a fat dump on Elliott and any small defensive breakdown we had. Elliott has got to play better no doubt, been saying for awhile that our system will make or break these goalies generally, but last night was on Elliott.

TO whomever is complaining about AMac not being in the SO, that's ridiculous. The people who were shooting are just as capable scoring as Mac and only because they didn't score are you making a point to say something about it. If you want to complain about something complain that Bergy should have took a different shot or shot it better, but to say that it is Hitch's fault because Amac wasn't in makes me :facepalm:

We will get better everyone quit freaking out. And some people should re-learn how to read just saying/comprehend, it makes a big difference in the post game war-zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I was way intoxicated to really get a grasp on what I was watching last night, so I dont have much to say. No one seems to be giving any credit to Koivu, Selanne and Ryan. They pretty took a fat dump on Elliott and any small defensive breakdown we had. Elliott has got to play better no doubt, been saying for awhile that our system will make or break these goalies generally, but last night was on Elliott.

TO whomever is complaining about AMac not being in the SO, that's ridiculous. The people who were shooting are just as capable scoring as Mac so anything you say is irrelevant and only because they didn't score are you making a point to say something about it. If you want to complain about something complain that Bergy should have took a different shot or shot it better, but to say that it is Hitch's fault because Amac wasn't in makes me :facepalm:

We will get better everyone quit freaking out. And some people should re-learn how to read just saying/comprehend, it makes a big difference in the post game war-zone.

McDonald is the team's best shootout player and there's no reason he shouldn't be 1 of freakin' 6 players to go...

And no even if we won I would be saying the same thing. I knew it was dumb the moment I saw Tarasenko take the ice.

Try again.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Positives from last night:

Shattenkirk-My God has he found another gear. If he keeps playing like this for the rest of the season, Mr. Stillman is going to have to open his wallet pretty wide. Not just the points he's putting up. He's making smart plays EVERYWHERE. If there's not a pass to be made, he gains the line and dumps it in. He's played well in every zone. I think he's been our best player to this point in the season.

Cole-I thought Cole played a very solid game on both sides. He showed his hard(not exactly accurate) shot, he was physical, he won races to the pucks, made some good pinches, good passes, really all around solid. Too bad his OT goal was waved off, it would've capped off a very good night.

Andy Mac-Well, he was Andy Mac. Not much more needs to be said.

Backes-Played his normal defensive game, but also scored a goal, and created Oshie's chance with a great dump in and then forcing two Ducks out of the way. Hopefully he's coming out of his patented early season slump.

Oshie-Pure hustle. Exactly what we've come to expect from Oshie. He battled hard on both ends, was good on the PP, really a solid game for him also.

Stewart-Parked his big ass in front of the crease and chipped in the tying goal, had an assist(not that the pass was anything spectacular) he was physical, and played a decent defense. He was actively involved in the game, which is something that I couldn't say about him the last couple of games.

Schwartz-Even with limited ice time, he was tenacious on the puck and really created that first goal. He also made two GREAT defensive plays. He really showed that he wants to stay. I think it was his best game this season.

Petro-Starting to look more like Petro. Didn't take too many chances. I think he's rounding into form.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
McDonald is the team's best shootout player and there's no reason he shouldn't be 1 of freakin' 6 players to go...

And no even if we won I would be saying the same thing. I knew it was dumb the moment I saw Tarasenko take the ice.

Try again.
Its unfortunate that we can't live in a world based on what would've happened had Mac been in there. Maybe Amac would have missed so then what?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
McDonald's chances of making a shot are probably better than anyone else's. We are best when he goes firat, followed by Oshie who likes to know what the goalie did on the first attempt, and someone else going third.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah Cole looked good. He's solid defensively and gets involved offensively more than Russell. Cole needs to be playing the majority of the games.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Positives from last night:

Shattenkirk-My God has he found another gear. If he keeps playing like this for the rest of the season, Mr. Stillman is going to have to open his wallet pretty wide. Not just the points he's putting up. He's making smart plays EVERYWHERE. If there's not a pass to be made, he gains the line and dumps it in. He's played well in every zone. I think he's been our best player to this point in the season.

Cole-I thought Cole played a very solid game on both sides. He showed his hard(not exactly accurate) shot, he was physical, he won races to the pucks, made some good pinches, good passes, really all around solid. Too bad his OT goal was waved off, it would've capped off a very good night.

Andy Mac-Well, he was Andy Mac. Not much more needs to be said.

Backes-Played his normal defensive game, but also scored a goal, and created Oshie's chance with a great dump in and then forcing two Ducks out of the way. Hopefully he's coming out of his patented early season slump.

Oshie-Pure hustle. Exactly what we've come to expect from Oshie. He battled hard on both ends, was good on the PP, really a solid game for him also.

Stewart-Parked his big ass in front of the crease and chipped in the tying goal, had an assist(not that the pass was anything spectacular) he was physical, and played a decent defense. He was actively involved in the game, which is something that I couldn't say about him the last couple of games.

Schwartz-Even with limited ice time, he was tenacious on the puck and really created that first goal. He also made two GREAT defensive plays. He really showed that he wants to stay. I think it was his best game this season.

Petro-Starting to look more like Petro. Didn't take too many chances. I think he's rounding into form.

Well said. I think the game last night was a micro-cosom for the season. Started out playing the Blues way, had early success, got away from what made them successful, paid the price for it, showed some guts in battling back, and ultimatly lost in a skills competition that favors top heavy teams.

Despite the result, I was happy to the team play 'Blues hockey' for extended periods last night. Now we just need them to play that way for longer and longer stretches.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
McDonald's chances of making a shot are probably better than anyone else's. We are best when he goes firat, followed by Oshie who likes to know what the goalie did on the first attempt, and someone else going third.
The problem in the shootout wasn't a lack of converted chances. The Blues scored enough times. The goalie has to stop a higher percentage of the opponents chances.

Maybe Hitchcock knows something you don't know? Maybe McDonald hasn't been as sharp during the team competitions for the shoot-out and the guys that are sharp are being rewarded. Maybe we all (including Hitchcock) want to see what Tarasenko will do in a pressure situation. A couple inches over and he's a hero.

I agree that Oshie seems to benefit more than any other player I've seen by watching what the goalie is doing, and seems to do better going 2nd or 3rd.

Anyway, I want more of Steen on the SO from now on. He's on fire. Goalie had no chance on that one.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
That Steen goal looked awfully similar to a certain Blues prospect playing in the KHL...

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That Steen goal looked awfully similar to a certain Blues prospect playing in the KHL...

In real time it certainly looked that way. My buddy that was at the game looked at me like "did he really just do that?" The. We saw the replay and busted out laughing when we realized he didn't mean to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad