The lines per JR & Strickland:

McDonald - Backes - Oshie
Perron - Berglund - Stewart
Sobotka - Steen - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Nichol - Reaves

Cole - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Redden - Polak

Berglund was quoted after the game saying he was excited to play with Schwartz & Tarasenko but they couldn't tell if they'd played well or not because they didn't get any time to find chemistry.

I do like McDonald on the top line, but I'm unsure about Steen back at center and Schwartz on the 4th line, where he is useless.

Big Al 2

Feb 1, 2013
I would like to see Steen and McDonald switched but Hitchcock must know something

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Why not have Sobotka center the 3rd line? He's going to end up taking some of Steen's face-offs anyway. Although, I guess it doesn't really matter as the forwards' roles change constantly each shift.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Russell hurt or just scratched? interesting.

I really think it's time to move Tarasenko up to the top two lines. No offense to sobotka, but he's not the type of player I want playing on a line with Frank.

Any chance we see Allen in net?

Last edited:

GrandPapillon*

The lines per JR & Strickland:

McDonald - Backes - Oshie
Perron - Berglund - Stewart
Sobotka - Steen - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Nichol - Reaves

Cole - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Redden - Polak

Berglund was quoted after the game saying he was excited to play with Schwartz & Tarasenko but they couldn't tell if they'd played well or not because they didn't get any time to find chemistry.

I do like McDonald on the top line, but I'm unsure about Steen back at center and Schwartz on the 4th line, where he is useless.

Flip Stewart for Tarasenko and switch Steen and Sobotka positions on the 3rd line and that looks good.

As is, the Perron/Berglund/Stewart line still lacks chemistry and Steen still isn't a center

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Time to see if anyone wants to put their big boy pants on and win a damn game.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Russell hurt or just scratched? interesting.

I really think it's time to move Tarasenko up to the top two lines. No offense to sobotka, but he's not the type of player I want playing on a line with Frank.

Any chance we see Allen in net?

I'm also not a fan of Sobe as a top 9 player. Don't get me wrong, I like how hard he plays, the way he checks etc, but he's just not a good fit in a more creative role. Hitch relies a little too much on Sobe, in my opinion.

Hitch had him playing with Andy Mac on a 4-on-4 in the third period in the last game. The face-off was in the offensive zone... I'm just baffled by that.

Elliot will be the starter, so let's hope we don't get to see Allen tonight.

Big Al 2

Feb 1, 2013
I'm also not a fan of Sobe as a top 9 player. Don't get me wrong, I like how hard he plays, the way he checks etc, but he's just not a good fit in a more creative role. Hitch relies a little too much on Sobe, in my opinion.

Hitch had him playing with Andy Mac on a 4-on-4 in the third period in the last game. The face-off was in the offensive zone... I'm just baffled by that.

Elliot will be the starter, so let's hope we don't get to see Allen tonight.
Sobotka and McDonald won the game vs Minnesota in ot, I think that's why you saw them together

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not a big fan of those line combos. I don't know why we started screwing with them in the first place. If I was Hitch, I would just hit the reset button and put out the opening night line up(minus Halak):

Perron-Backes-Oshie
Mac-Steen-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves

Cole-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shatty
Russell-Polak

Elliott

If that group lays an egg, then start screwing with it.

tenho995

Dec 29, 2011
vova has alredy proven hes one of the most skilled in the team, why is it so out of question to try him in the first line?

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Anyone have any ideas on the Ducks' lines for tonight?

All we know is Fasth is starting with JDD backing him up.

I would assume:
Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-Ryan-Selanne
Cogs-Koivu-Winnick
Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz/Rakell

Souray-Beauch
Allen-Vatanen/Lydman
Sbisa-Lovejoy

Fasth

Last edited:

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Like I said after the first period of the Detroit game I thought they were headed in the right direction, except they needed to be more aggressive with their fore checking.

Even though they may lose one more I believe we'll see a more complete game.

Also I mentioned in the prediction thread before the season started that they may not be as strong in the nets this year, I do believe if they right their 5 man game in all zones the PK will improve and they should have enough goaltending for the regular season. But I do hope we see a healthy focused Halak in the playoffs.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Why not have Sobotka center the 3rd line? He's going to end up taking some of Steen's face-offs anyway. Although, I guess it doesn't really matter as the forwards' roles change constantly each shift.

I thought that, too, and I wonder whether that may actually happen in the game.

Also, Schwartz on the 4th line may be a good spot for him for a while. He's good enough defensively to do the role, and he won't be playing with guys to whom he'll be so inclined to defer, offensively. Maybe he takes more shots on the 4th line and continues to grow his way into the league.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I like the McBashie line. McDonald will get Backes going offensively, I predict. Steen and McDonald are my two preferred LWs for that line.

Second line – if Stewart can produce, this line will produce. Otherwise it'll be Perron and/or Berglund doing some individual cycling that comes to nothing.

Third line – agree with those that would rather see Steen-Sobotka-Tarasenko than Steen centering. I have faith in Sobotka to at least aggressively forecheck and cycle the puck on this line.

Fourth line – don't like it at all. Schwartz is fairly useless as a 4th liner (though in fairness Sobotka SHOULD be above him on the LW depth chart based on performance). Nichol's been ok but nothing special. And contrary to the belief of some, Reaves is not a magic elixir (he disappeared last game after all the clamor to get him in). Now, if Reaves is on his game then he might be able to force some forechecking turnovers and maybe Schwartz can capitalize on loose pucks. But I have low expectations for this line. I think Hitch must be telling Schwartz he's on the cusp of being sent down and giving him a chance to show something.

On D, glad Russell is sitting. Petro, Jackman, Shattenkirk and Polak are pretty much auto-starts, so Cole, Russell and Redden will have to share the other two spots depending on how they're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad