Proposal: Ducks and wings

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by robbieboy3686, Oct 15, 2018.

1. robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686 Registered User

Assuming the organizations and the gms don’t hate each other( as they always have before ) Cam Fowler for A. Mantha + 2nd

Why? Fowler has been trending down since Rcaryle has come in, he is very weak in front of his net and he really never took the next step to becoming a PP qback. Montour looks like he will keep trending up and ducks will need to pay him once this current 2 year deal is up.We have Mahura and Larsson ready now, Fowler would benefit as did small Vatenan to playing in the east.
    A. Mantha is exactly the big high end skill guy the ducks need, we shed some salary and with the added draft pick can strengthen the farm. Duck fans will say no way due to how many shots we have been giving up, but the reality is Cam doesn’t help shot suppression at all. Time to send him home( I love the person, but I don’t love the player

2. flyboy341

flyboy341 Registered User

I don't think Fowler is the player Detroit trades Mantha for. Let alone add a pick. He just has too much upside and he'll be peaking when the rebuild turns the corner.

Maybe I'm undervaluing Fowler or overvaluing Mantha...

3. heusy_79

heusy_79 9 - 20 - 8

I do think that out of the top 4 D, Fowler becomes the most expendable if/when a prospect emerges as a good replacement top 4 guy (Mahura/Larsson/Pettersson) . But none of them are remotely close to doing that. Even with the injuries, I don't know that we have a hole up front nearly as big as this creates on the back end. Schenn is probably our 5th most effective D right now. He's been fine, but he isn't the 4th best D on a good blue line. After the Vatanen and Theodore trades, this blue line just can't withstand the loss of another top 4 guy right now.

If we can just get enough of these forwards back/healthy, I think we have a deep group that can do a lot of damage.

4. mymerlincat

mymerlincat Moderator

none
  5. tsweeney

tsweeney Registered User

The time for the Wings to pursue Fowler was with Tatar + 19 (Svechnikov). Or they should have targeted Vatanen. Time for that has passed now.

Nightmare on Helm St likes this.
  6. Number1RedWingsFan52

Number1RedWingsFan52 Registered User

Hospital worker
    Nope the Fowler ship has sailed into the sunset, Not giving up Mantha for Fowler. And i doubt Fowler has any interest in a bad Detroit club any ways.

7. Getz2perry

Getz2perry Registered User

When Larsson/Pettersson/Mahura show they can play top 4 mins in the NHL I would consider moving fowler. He could be a potential good corner stone vet dmen for Detroit when they come out of their rebuild... but I cant see fowler being moved for another 2 years.

Not sure what the cost would be either.

8. FireBird71

FireBird71 Registered User

9. Spazkat

Spazkat Registered User

Good luck dumping Fowler and that contract with the super restrictive NTC they gave him. A 4 team trade list. What are the chances that one of the 4 teams he's willing to go to are ones that even want him? Or are willing to give up much for him?

Deuce22 likes this.
  10. Deuce22

Deuce22 Registered User

I'd do this in a heartbeat as a Duck fan. But I'm afraid that contract BM gave Fowler will keep anyone from wanting him now. Bad, bad deal.

Spazkat likes this.
  11. wingsfan17

wingsfan17 Registered User Sponsor

Only 3 years difference, but wings do not need to trade away youth for older players. Realistically, wings won’t compete for 3-4 years. Fowler would be 30-31 by the time Wings would be competitive.