Proposal: Ducks and wings

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Assuming the organizations and the gms don’t hate each other( as they always have before ) Cam Fowler for A. Mantha + 2nd

Why? Fowler has been trending down since Rcaryle has come in, he is very weak in front of his net and he really never took the next step to becoming a PP qback. Montour looks like he will keep trending up and ducks will need to pay him once this current 2 year deal is up.We have Mahura and Larsson ready now, Fowler would benefit as did small Vatenan to playing in the east.
A. Mantha is exactly the big high end skill guy the ducks need, we shed some salary and with the added draft pick can strengthen the farm. Duck fans will say no way due to how many shots we have been giving up, but the reality is Cam doesn’t help shot suppression at all. Time to send him home( I love the person, but I don’t love the player

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
I don't think Fowler is the player Detroit trades Mantha for. Let alone add a pick. He just has too much upside and he'll be peaking when the rebuild turns the corner.

Maybe I'm undervaluing Fowler or overvaluing Mantha...

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I do think that out of the top 4 D, Fowler becomes the most expendable if/when a prospect emerges as a good replacement top 4 guy (Mahura/Larsson/Pettersson) . But none of them are remotely close to doing that. Even with the injuries, I don't know that we have a hole up front nearly as big as this creates on the back end. Schenn is probably our 5th most effective D right now. He's been fine, but he isn't the 4th best D on a good blue line. After the Vatanen and Theodore trades, this blue line just can't withstand the loss of another top 4 guy right now.

If we can just get enough of these forwards back/healthy, I think we have a deep group that can do a lot of damage.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When Larsson/Pettersson/Mahura show they can play top 4 mins in the NHL I would consider moving fowler. He could be a potential good corner stone vet dmen for Detroit when they come out of their rebuild... but I cant see fowler being moved for another 2 years.

Not sure what the cost would be either.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Good luck dumping Fowler and that contract with the super restrictive NTC they gave him. A 4 team trade list. What are the chances that one of the 4 teams he's willing to go to are ones that even want him? Or are willing to give up much for him?

Reactions: Deuce22

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I'd do this in a heartbeat as a Duck fan. But I'm afraid that contract BM gave Fowler will keep anyone from wanting him now. Bad, bad deal.

Reactions: Spazkat

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Only 3 years difference, but wings do not need to trade away youth for older players. Realistically, wings won’t compete for 3-4 years. Fowler would be 30-31 by the time Wings would be competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad