Post-Game Talk: Ducks 4 @ Canucks 0 | We Are The Little Engine That Literally Can't Even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
He probably never will be. If the Canucks decide to keep him, his contract will be adjusted accordingly this off-season or they'll let him walk because he is not going to be qualified. If he's as bad as some people think, it should be fairly easy for another player to beat him out for a 5-6 role next year and then he's a #7 if he's kept at all. As I said, he's been very good on the PK, the guy gets the fewest ozone starts of any Dman on the team.

People can make the numbers say whatever they want, especially if you shrink sample sizes and disregard the stats that don't support your argument.

Is 5 years enough of a sample? Because in the last 5 seasons Sbisa is 191st among 193 regular defensemen in relative GF/GA and both of the guys below him are out of the league.

And the fear isn't that no one will outplay him; it's that like this year he'll still get regular ice time despite being the 7th or 8th best defenseman when everyone's healthy.

Team has much bigger issues than Sbisa anyway.

I don't see this lineup juggle as anything more than a coach trying to shake the team out of it's current funk. Nobody is being rewarded, it's just that no one is paying particularly well at this point.

Edler-Tanev have been excellent and Hamhuis-Corrado looked OK too. So splitting them up seems pretty counter-intuitive. Thankfully it doesn't sound like that's happening

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Is 5 years enough of a sample? Because in the last 5 seasons Sbisa is 191st among 193 regular defensemen in relative GF/GA and both of the guys below him are out of the league.

This is all that needs to be said yet people will continue to ignore it. I guess a few hits now and then absolves all other issues.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
This is all that needs to be said yet people will continue to ignore it. I guess a few hits now and then absolves all other issues.

It's actually a pretty meaningless stat on it's own, much like any other stat, advanced or otherwise. And if you think one stat tells the whole story on a player, then I guess there isn't much more to discuss.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's actually a pretty meaningless stat on it's own, much like any other stat, advanced or otherwise. And if you think one stat tells the whole story on a player, then I guess there isn't much more to discuss.

Sbisa is garbage by any metric you can come up with, traditional or advanced (or eye test). It isn't like people are cherry-picking one stat here. He's a horrible hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad