Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
23wk2fc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Maybe that classless empty net slapshot by Kesler becomes the turning point for the Ducks?

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Ok here is what is going to happen. The Ducks are going to get a win, and their season will turn around and they finish 2nd in the division. The Canucks are always the speed bump that gets the good teams going.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Ducks are starting to get it together now. I don't think that 2nd will be as high as everyone thinks.

Probably not but the Canucks need a bounce back or push back game after that 5-0 drubbing.

Still thinking that a shot at Mathews is more likely than a playoff spot at this point.

Our hold on that 3rd spot in the Pacific won't last with the games in hand too many other teams have.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
5-2 ducks are goals by daniel and vrbata. come on guys cant keep going for a playoff spot just to get destroyed 4 times by a team like LA did the other night

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Ok here is what is going to happen. The Ducks are going to get a win, and their season will turn around and they finish 2nd in the division. The Canucks are always the speed bump that gets the good teams going.

Getting 2nd in this division is not really that hard from the looks of it.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I feel a little concerned about injuries when Canucks play Ducks. I feel like Getzlaf will rock somebody.

Canucks can hardly expect to stay competitive with this line-up. It will be interesting to see how they play with a healthy roster if that ever happens. They aren't going to challenge for a playoff spot unless Markstrom goes into god mode. The defense won't shield him and the forwards can't manage much goal support, though. If they can steal a point in a low scoring game its moral victory!

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
A Nucks Ducks game used to mean something. It used to be a test of how good we were. Now it's a test of how bad we are. Hopefully no one gets injured.

2-1 for the Nucks in overtime.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
i think thats what hes saying. dont get all worked up about trading a late 2nd.

The Ducks may bounce back but I really don't see them doing well enough to make that very early 2nd a late 2nd. Another lost 2nd rounder by the Vancouver Canucks, it's our best skill.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Going to this one. Please be a crazy one.

Yeah, like more 7 minute 5 on 3's for standing up for your teammates in scrums. Y'know, those things that happen 10 times a game with the odd one resulting in offsetting minors, but someone twice in as many games we were tagged with ridiculous, unprecedented penalties. More of that. Ahh, NHL. Will your craziness never cease?

Still mad. Never forget.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Canucks lose 2-0 whilst getting heavily outplayed all game. Another injury comes to a non-lunchbox kinda player. Dorsett hugs someone. Prust hugs someone. Horvat is the only player above 50% on the dot and despite generating chances, doesn't score. Higgins gets 2nd line minutes while doing nothing again.

Bar set low, now surprise me Canucks.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks lose 2-0 whilst getting heavily outplayed all game. Another injury comes to a non-lunchbox kinda player. Dorsett hugs someone. Prust hugs someone. Horvat is the only player above 50% on the dot and despite generating chances, doesn't score. Higgins gets 2nd line minutes while doing nothing again.

Bar set low, now surprise me Canucks.

Yep, I think 2-0 isn't a bad guess....two teams that can't score if the net was as wide as a soccer goal....important tank game....once the Ducks pass us in the Pacific they'll be gone for good.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Ducks are tied for 4th in the league for goals against. worst team offensively by a large margin.

Canucks will probably attempt a moral victory again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad