GDT: Duck this team (back to back in Cali)

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
alexandrov had sat so long before this weekend i'd almost forgotten how useless he was. this weekend reminded me that i don't need to see anymore.
Yea, he simply doesn't bring much to the table.

I watched Dean very closely this game, and I've gotta say - I'm not sure how his offense will translate, but this kid is going to be an NHL player. He was always in the right spot. His IQ is very -very- high imo. He's already thinking a step or two ahead at NHL speed and he's only five games in. He wins board battles, he puts himself in good positions to support the puck, and he makes small area skilled plays. If Toro had a brain he's have sprung him on a breakaway with a nifty little pass through the neutral zone. He looks like he needs to fill out, but that's expected of a 21 year old in his first pro season.

I have no clue what his ceiling is, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to pencil him into the NHL lineup for next year. I don't think it's bad for him to get another year of trying to drive offense in the AHL and bulk up to play a full NHL season against men vs playing a more defensive oriented bottom 6 role in the NHL. Very excited to see how he is over the last 4-5 games of our season.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
alexandrov had sat so long before this weekend i'd almost forgotten how useless he was. this weekend reminded me that i don't need to see anymore.

I was pulling for him, but I’ve given up

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Yea, he simply doesn't bring much to the table.

I watched Dean very closely this game, and I've gotta say - I'm not sure how his offense will translate, but this kid is going to be an NHL player. He was always in the right spot. His IQ is very -very- high imo. He's already thinking a step or two ahead at NHL speed and he's only five games in. He wins board battles, he puts himself in good positions to support the puck, and he makes small area skilled plays. If Toro had a brain he's have sprung him on a breakaway with a nifty little pass through the neutral zone. He looks like he needs to fill out, but that's expected of a 21 year old in his first pro season.

I have no clue what his ceiling is, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to pencil him into the NHL lineup for next year. I don't think it's bad for him to get another year of trying to drive offense in the AHL and bulk up to play a full NHL season against men vs playing a more defensive oriented bottom 6 role in the NHL. Very excited to see how he is over the last 4-5 games of our season.
I think Dean would be best served in the AHL to develop his offense. I still wish Neighbours spent more time early on there.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I mean considering how Neighbors is looking I would say whatg we did with him was perfect. Why would you change it?
I still think he would have benefited against lower competition to be able to build his distribution game. It was an area he needed to work on for a while now. His shot and drive, which were really never in question are the big reasons for his success this year. I don’t think being in the A would have hindered any of those abilities.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I still think he would have benefited against lower competition to be able to build his distribution game. It was an area he needed to work on for a while now. His shot and drive, which were really never in question are the big reasons for his success this year. I don’t think being in the A would have hindered any of those abilities.

That's fair but he usually doesn't have to many passing opportunities where he usually sets up shop.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
he is invisible out there

he can clear the puck reliably, but after that he's useless

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Any word on if Neighbors will play again this season? or Faulk, for that matter?

Does it mafter? Let them rest. Neighbours has earned it and Faulk has most likely been playing through something. Either way, why bring them back when we are out of the playoffs?

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
They’ll be bottom feeders for the next decade. They’re irrelevant.
Ducks are going to be damn good very, very soon. Their stock of defensemen is impressive and they're about to add another top-5 pick to a forward group that includes Carlsson, MacTavish, Gauthier, Zegras. I'd take their future over that of Seattle, San Jose, Calgary and Vegas (in about 2-more years). Doubt they'll be down for much longer, let alone a decade.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I thought Tucker managed to make Leddy look not good and Perunovich looked pretty good out there with Colt

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Does it mafter? Let them rest. Neighbours has earned it and Faulk has most likely been playing through something. Either way, why bring them back when we are out of the playoffs?
It doesn’t matter, but just from a feel-good standpoint I’d love to see Neighbours return to the lineup and know that he’s alright. His season ending from that hit would just be a shitty memory this offseason. Heck, maybe he could reach 30 goals and end the season on more of a bright note. Doubtful, but would be cool.

As for Faulk, yes he should be done and rest up.

Reactions: Xerloris

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

It does matter because I wanted Neighbors to get to 30 goals and what I want should take precedent over his health!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad