Pre-Game Talk: Duck hunting season POSTPONED.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
JP probably has a fairly open expense account going on right now. It might be a fairly open quarantine policy as well. I would imagine he is having some visitors in the evening as well.
Poor Jessie might be better off than the rest of the Oil.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
How dare you use a bit of logic in the face of this whining and moaning and crying and hubris.

Yup, unless the omicron variant doesn’t function like most other viruses and I missed that, doesn’t make sense for these cases to be related.

Both Oilers and Kraken players could have just as easily picked this up from family, friends, etc

Reactions: oilers'72

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
You can google this, but from a quick look (well two of them) it seems maybe 4% of the PCR tests are false positives. This means that when they test the team one false positive would be the expected average. So only after the 2nd test we know the situation more reliably.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That's likely all she wrote for 2021 Oilers hockey.

Likely today or tomorrow we will find out several more players have gone into COVID protocol for the Oilers shutting them down until the 29th, 30th at the earliest.

Who the heck even knows when poor Jesse will be able to fly back into Canada, I don't see any update on that so I don't think it's happening today.

I posted the update in the Injury Thread. He’s either already back or will be back tomorrow.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't think the Canadian government will allow someone with COVID to fly into the country even on private charter so I wonder if Jesse is just f***ed and stuck in Seattle for another 9 days.

Hes probably already here. You need a chill pill bud.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Hate to see this new covid wave come up, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think postponing games for a few weeks will flatten the curve. With more travel and holiday season just around the corner I think it will only ramp up for the next few months.

Just hoping the NHL doesn't shutdown for 5 months like 2020

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Hate to see this new covid wave come up, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think postponing games for a few weeks will flatten the curve. With more travel and holiday season just around the corner I think it will only ramp up for the next few months.

Just hoping the NHL doesn't shutdown for 5 months like 2020
It won't. Worst case scenario is probably no or less fans.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I posted the update in the Injury Thread. He’s either already back or will be back tomorrow.

But did he lick the airport? I want to know.

Hope the big guy, our new big rig, is doing OK.

How do some people feel other players won't be contracting this. Through exposure in games on planes or in rooms they can contract something. In the case of the Flames it spread to the whole lineup very quickly. They sensed the losing streak they were on..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad