Value of: Duchene

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Because of the Sens budget were only able to sign 1 of Stone and Duchene.

I think it's best for us to sign Stone and trade Duchene

Willing to listen to offers from all teams but I think Duchene would fit best going to a playoff team going for it

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I know Buffalo was reportedly looking for a 2C. I think it would be a good idea for OTT to get back in the first round if they’re shipping Duchene. Maybe if Buffalo is still in the race a 1st plus Alex Nylander would be close to fair? Maybe a bit lesser of a prospect just due to Duchenese impending UFA status.

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The only trade in which I'd want to move Lauzon just to see him and Chabot dominate as top pairing once again. Top WJC Team Canada pairing playing for the Nation's capital?

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I know Buffalo was reportedly looking for a 2C. I think it would be a good idea for OTT to get back in the first round if they’re shipping Duchene. Maybe if Buffalo is still in the race a 1st plus Alex Nylander would be close to fair? Maybe a bit lesser of a prospect just due to Duchenese impending UFA status.

I'm not sure if Buffalo would do this. I remember the fan base being pretty stoked drafting Nylander.

I would consider the trade but would like to see what other teams have to offer first

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I'm not sure if Buffalo would do this. I remember the fan base being pretty stoked drafting Nylander.

I would consider the trade but would like to see what other teams have to offer first

I’m not a Buffalo fan and am not trying to speak as a facilitator for a trade. But I don’t think time is on Dorions side in this situation. I also, would see reason for concern within other organizations about trading for a Duchene with how his stint in Colorado ended.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
As a Sens fan, I would probably do Alex Nylander + 1st (BUF has 2 in 2019 and 2020). That said, if I were a Sabres fan... I think I would think that's too steep?

I admittedly haven't followed Nylander at all since his draft year. I just know he was a big deal in 2016, but I've heard comparisons to Sam Bennett in terms of being highly touted and being a potential bust (relatively speaking). Either way I like the 1st + guy with a lot of upside angle.

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
OTT 1st 2019
OTT 3rd 2019
Samuel Girard
Shane Bowers
Vladislav Kamenev
Justus Annunen
Danila Zhuravlyov

How original. Yeah, we get it, we suck.

I hope we can lock up both Duchy and our next captain Stone. Failing that, we gotta get a 1st + decent spec. From the very top contenders I'd want a little more.

And enough with these "sign and trade" ideas! They're rarer than offer sheets.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What could the canes do to get in on this. First this year top 5 protected and what prospect?

Canes are really intriguing honestly. Lots of young talent in their system.

Wouldn't they only be looking at an extended Duchene though? Not sure a UFA makes that much sense given their position.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Canes are really intriguing honestly. Lots of young talent in their system.

Wouldn't they only be looking at an extended Duchene though? Not sure a UFA makes that much sense given their position.

Canes would only be interested in an extended Duchene. This season is over for them barring a miracle run. He can sign now that it is January, correct?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Canes would only be interested in an extended Duchene. This season is over for them barring a miracle run. He can sign now that it is January, correct?

Figured as much.

Duchene could sign at any point this season. Stone was the one that had to wait until January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad