Proposal: Duchene to Pit

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pens say no.

With Crosby, Malkin, Brassard, Sheahan, Cullen, Bleuger...where exactly do you see Duchene fitting in...especially at $6mil?

This is not a well thought out proposal.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Pens say no.

With Crosby, Malkin, Brassard, Sheahan, Cullen, Bleuger...where exactly do you see Duchene fitting in...especially at $6mil?

This is not a well thought out proposal.

Duchene can play wing and the Pens are most likely losing Brassard anyways. They’d also have enough to extend him. Maybe Ott would want Brassard in the package for Duchene?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Duchene can play wing and the Pens are most likely losing Brassard anyways. They’d also have enough to extend him. Maybe Ott would want Brassard in the package for Duchene?

I doubt it.

Sprong plays wing. Why spend the assets to upgrade a position of strength and create a whole in the defense?

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
I doubt it.

Sprong plays wing. Why spend the assets to upgrade a position of strength and create a whole in the defense?

I mean JR is in love with Duchene and the rumored package he offered before included Maatta and Sprong in it so I wouldn’t be surprised if he Maatta was traded for Duchene.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
And they're not likely to lose Duchene if they get him?

It’s a possibility but if JR trades for any of the 3 (Patches, Skinner, Duchene) he prolly wants to extend them. Also they will have a lot of cap space next offseason and Kessel will probably get traded in the next year so that’s another 6.8m.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Duchene wants to win but he also wants to get paid after this. I could see him going balls out for a year and actually putting up points next to Crosby or Malkin, but he will likely walk for $8M per or whatever after.

mccoyadam

Mar 4, 2013
PA
The price of Duchene was too high for Pens the first time and not a damn thing has changed. Hes not worth any of that to the Penguins. No point in him at Center, or Wing, Pens seem very high on Simon, who will be training with Sid this offseason, and Sprong, who will hopefully finally make that jump to the NHL

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
lol what an awful deal for the Pens. We have Brassard...no need for this deal. Losing Maatta would be horrible, especially for a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad