I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
I'm holding my breath in anticipation.

Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
lol two things here. 1. Eklund is pretty much always wrong so i hate that he's saying this as an Isles fan. 2. The Isles have been said to be a leader for Duchene for a while now, so let's not act like Eklund is breaking anything here.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I supposed in theory the Flyers could trade the 2nd overall pick for Duchene but I'm not sure how that makes a whole lot of sense for their franchise moving forward.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
LMAO, there is no room for Duchene on the Flyers unless they trade Couturier in the deal which I would be shocked to see them do.

To be fair, Duchene can extensively be used at LW.

I supposed in theory the Flyers could trade the 2nd overall pick for Duchene but I'm not sure how that makes a whole lot of sense for their franchise moving forward.

The only reason I can see a team like Philadelphia doing that is if they think the top 2 prospects in the draft are vastly over valued. Even in a draft without franchise talent, getting a near NHL ready player on their ELC+Post ELC RFA contract should be very valuable to a team like PHI who could conceivably be a playoff team next year. It isn't like they are years away from making it, they have a core in place. Cap is an asset so having those players cheap might be more valuable even if they aren't a lock for ever being as good as Duchene is.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If he really wanted hits he should have added Toronto to the list. lol

Personally I don't see why Columbus is not going all in on this. To me that would probably be the perfect fit for both teams

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Didnt he break the shattenkirk trade to caps?

A twitter search of "Eklund shattenkirk" has him naming multiple teams... including pittsburg, NYR, tampa bay, and I'm sure more if I cared to search back longer.

Bottom line, he names multiple teams a few days/weeks apart and people remember the hits and forget the misses.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Eklund rumour: Duchene - or some other player - may - or may not - be going to Philly or the Isles - or some other team.

Let me know if he ever gets one right.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Duchene is a UFA in 2 years, right when Philly are gonna start competing. it makes no sense for them at all.

Landeskog still interests me, but Duchene doesn't fit what they're doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad