Value of: Duchene + Dzingel to Dallas

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What would it realistically take, assuming both are available?

Let's just pretend all Stars prospects, and picks are available. Keep in mind the Senators would need to take back a cap dump (Methot or Hanzal maybe?)

Not going to be traded:
Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Heiskanen, Klingberg, Lindell, Bishop, Khudobin. Consider everyone else available.

Unsigned or signed. Either one but preferably a deal where the Stars are able to sign both (I believe Dzingel is a UFA after this season, correct?)

I would guess it's very expensive but still

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
What we want and what our wonderful GM is capable of getting are vastly different.
In an ideal world, for Dzingle it would be a 1st. Duchene would be a 1st, a blue chip prospect and an NHL ready player.
So, for Duchene, maybe a 1st+ Jason Robertson + Radek Faksa
If you packaged in Dzingle, it would be a 2nd that becomes a 1st in 2020 if you make the finals or something.
Our genius GM would probably trade you for a gentlemen's handshake that you hire him after he gets fired, while giving you one of our picks.

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
I think you would rarely see two rentals go to the same team, however it might make sense in this case given Dallas will make a strong push after the deadline to get these guys signed and Dorion will be able to get the quality piece he’s looking for, as oppose to other rental deals.

Ottawa trades:
Duchene
Dzingel

Dallas trades:
2019 1st round pick
Roope Hintz
Ty Dellandrea
Conditional 2nd 2020* becomes a 2020 1st if Dallas re-signs Duchene
Conditional 3rd 2020 * becomes a 2nd if Dallas makes the SCF this year.

I don’t believe this would ever happen given its complexity and Dallas probably knows it is giving up a lot for someone sitting in a wildcard spot, but am I far off value wise ?

I had seen something somewheres (I forget the source- the Athletic maybe ?) but that Ottawa was impressed with Hintz during the summer and wanted him as a piece for Karlsson. Could be wrong ?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What we want and what our wonderful GM is capable of getting are vastly different.
In an ideal world, for Dzingle it would be a 1st. Duchene would be a 1st, a blue chip prospect and an NHL ready player.
If you packaged in Dzingle, it would be a 2nd that becomes a 1st in 2020 if you make the finals or something.
Our genius GM would probably trade you for a gentlemen's handshake that you hire him after he gets fired, while giving you one of our picks.

Fair enough. I wish Nill wasn't so against trading first rounders that he just usually throws to waste anyways. Also I think he'd try and force Shore on you guys instead of Faksa.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
1st + 2 2nds + Nuke + Robertson + Hanzal
For
Extended Duchene + Unsigned Dzingle

If both come extended then put in Dellandrea for Robertson

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
1st + 2 2nds + Nuke + Robertson + Hanzal
For
Extended Duchene + Unsigned Dzingle

If both come extended then put in Dellandrea for Robertson

I could live with that deal tbh. Either of them. It's expensive but fair while allowing us to at least keep some prospects. Not having a 2nd round pick for 3 straight years though could hurt...(we don't have a 2020 2nd rounder). Maybe 1 could be a conditional 3rd round pick that depends on playoff success or something

Reactions: 780il

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think you would rarely see two rentals go to the same team, however it might make sense in this case given Dallas will make a strong push after the deadline to get these guys signed and Dorion will be able to get the quality piece he’s looking for, as oppose to other rental deals.

Ottawa trades:
Duchene
Dzingel

Dallas trades:
2019 1st round pick
Roope Hintz
Ty Dellandrea
Conditional 2nd 2020* becomes a 2020 1st if Dallas re-signs Duchene
Conditional 3rd 2020 * becomes a 2nd if Dallas makes the SCF this year.

I don’t believe this would ever happen given its complexity and Dallas probably knows it is giving up a lot for someone sitting in a wildcard spot, but am I far off value wise ?

I had seen something somewheres (I forget the source- the Athletic maybe ?) but that Ottawa was impressed with Hintz during the summer and wanted him as a piece for Karlsson. Could be wrong ?

Only issue I see is I can't see Nill moving both Dellandrea AND Hintz, also the Stars don't have a 2nd round pick in 2020 (belongs to Vegas after the Methot trade). Also he hates trading first round picks so giving up Dellandrea + potentially 2 first rounders would for sure scare him out of any deal

Reactions: richmh77

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
That is a lot to give up, but Dallas is desperate for scoring help. I would do it. Robertson is going to be a good NHL scoring winger, and Faksa is great 3C (having a down season, though). Dallas should be going hard after Duchene, as he fixes Dallas' secondary scoring issues and levitates a lot of pressure off Benn and Seguin to score night in and night out (especially with Benn being on the decline).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad