Duchene and Tyson Barrie will go to the World Championship in Russia?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is that a question? Barrie might, but I can see Duchene sitting out. He's been there done that enough, won gold last year, and just came back from a knee injury.

Then again I can see him wanting to end the season on a better note, and not saying no to Canada.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is that a question? Barrie might, but I can see Duchene sitting out. He's been there done that enough, won gold last year, and just came back from a knee injury.

Then again I can see him wanting to end the season on a better note, and not saying no to Canada.

No chance in hell Duchene declines the invitation with it being so well known that HC will be putting a lot of stock on performances from this tournament and using it to pick the World Cup team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No chance in hell Duchene declines the invitation with it being so well known that HC will be putting a lot of stock on performances from this tournament and using it to pick the World Cup team.

Probably right though I think it depends on how his knee feels. If he's being honest with himself, it's kind of unlikely he gets picked this time no matter what, but I guess you never know.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Probably right though I think it depends on how his knee feels. If he's being honest with himself, it's kind of unlikely he gets picked this time no matter what, but I guess you never know.

I honestly feel like Duchene cares more about playing for TC than he does the Avs :laugh: . If he was healthy enough to play the last few games of the season he's healthy enough to play in the worlds.

I think you're right though. ROR probably makes it over Dutchy.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
We might as well start a World Championships thread since the Avs might have a lot of players going.

I was thinking Barrie and MacK might not go because they don't have contracts for next year. Some players skip it because of that.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I honestly feel like Duchene cares more about playing for TC than he does the Avs :laugh: . If he was healthy enough to play the last few games of the season he's healthy enough to play in the worlds.

I think you're right though. ROR probably makes it over Dutchy.

I'm just going to dive into a sand box for a while if O'Reilly makes it over Duchene.

COLORADO PICKED THE WRONG CENTER, from about every finger pointer in the league.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm just going to dive into a sand box for a while if O'Reilly makes it over Duchene.

COLORADO PICKED THE WRONG CENTER, from about every finger pointer in the league.

Oh you know everyone will say that which is beyond annoying. It was never a choice between ROR and Duchene. It was never a choice between ROR and anyone. ROR set his own fate and had to be moved. Maybe if management had done things differently years ago or maybe if ROR did things differently it could have ended differently but what's done is done and ROR being traded was the only option. No other players had anything to do with it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think both Barrie and Duchene should go play if they get invites. As others have stated if Duchene was healthy enough to come back and play for us down the stretch he should have every right to go play for Canada if they invite him.

I also would like to see Varly and Zadorov for Russia and possibly Grigorenko, Landy and possibly Soderberg for Sweden, hopefully Rantanen for Finland, Ej for USA.

The only person I don't want going is MacKinnon, unless he is 100%.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Friedman said guys who are already on World Cup teams likely won't go. Anyone needing to audition, such as Duchene I could see going.

For Russia they tend to go KHL heavy for the WC, they'll be most if not all NHLers for the World Cup. So for that reason I only think Mironov is who we are going to see for Russia.

Landy didn't go to the WC last year and he's a younger member but he's already on the World Cup team, I'd lean towards skip. If Soda is serious about auditioning he might be there.

No for MacKinnon, the knee and he's on the Cup team already. Duchene and Barrie could go to tryout but good point about the contract, Newport probably would advise to sit out.

Rantanen will probably be invited to the camp, not sure on their forwards situation but he almost made the team last year and they have a lot of respect for him, I think he makes it.

I believe the Swiss always have a team, so Berra should be in.

Saw a tweet USA might consider bringing the CCM line from Michigan. The ship sailed on EJ long ago.

We do need s thread but that's SEPH's job so bug him to put it up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Sakic on MacKinnon:

"I think the knee was a little worse than what everybody predicted or thought initially," Sakic said. "But if he gets healthy, he'll go to the World Championships (to play for Canada)."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad