Duchene aint in the TOP 50 !

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
They did an amazing job on updating Ryan oreillys face in the game. Spot on. Same with mackinnon. Tanguay had a more accurate face last year.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
And what is his default overall rating? Mid-sixties?
Is that going to change with some roster update, once the season begins and he plays? But not just for some GM mode, rather the basic "Play Now" related rosters? I am not really planning to play any of these advanced modes, i am just fine playing few matches here and there.

Everytime you do a roster update it updates overall ratings.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I Agree with ROR's face. Perfect. Landy, Duchene, Mackinnon, Staz and PAP are all real faces too. EJ isn't even close. Downie is wrong. Tanguay is wrong.

I forgot to post a few days ago, but I remember seeing David Jones was 4th in points in the league towards the end of the season in my be a gm mode lol. PAP was Colorado's top but was far behind Jones who was ripping it up with the 3rd place flames:laugh:
Some things will never change with EA

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I Agree with ROR's face. Perfect. Landy, Duchene, Mackinnon, Staz and PAP are all real faces too. EJ isn't even close. Downie is wrong. Tanguay is wrong.

I forgot to post a few days ago, but I remember seeing David Jones was 4th in points in the league towards the end of the season in my be a gm mode lol. PAP was Colorado's top but was far behind Jones who was ripping it up with the 3rd place flames:laugh:
Some things will never change with EA

Jones is way overpowered in the game. So is Gaborik. But it's just a game.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Everytime you do a roster update it updates overall ratings.

Oh, does that mean, that if by chance Avs play really well in the upcoming season, or at least some of their players, their ratings my go up with these updates? Not talking just about MacKinnon/rookies in general, who are clearly underrated, but seasoned players as well...if say Stastny plays as he used to few years back (point production-wise), could his rating increase from 85 to say 88?

In regard to graphical updates, cant really comment on faces, but what is really noticeable, that they finally fixed the jersey color, now it looks more or less as it should be...especially the burgundy one. The people in the crowd still wear the "old jersey texture" from previous years, you can pretty much see how inaccurate they were. As far as i am concerned, this is fairly important, the team colors are important part of the team´s identity, so having the off kinda sucks.

Finally, i am fairly new to NHL on Playstation, i bought PS3 just few weeks ago, the cheapest model with integrated flash memory, lol. So i have few questions, if you can be bothered answering please, anyone:

- i can play the game right off the disk, but is there a way to "install" the game onto that flash memory?

- in regard to manual roster updates and all the user changes like difficulty level, camera type, etc... do they save somewhere even if play from the disk? I mean, surely they dont go away when i turn off the game/system?

Thanks

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Oh, does that mean, that if by chance Avs play really well in the upcoming season, or at least some of their players, their ratings my go up with these updates? Not talking just about MacKinnon/rookies in general, who are clearly underrated, but seasoned players as well...if say Stastny plays as he used to few years back (point production-wise), could his rating increase from 85 to say 88?

In regard to graphical updates, cant really comment on faces, but what is really noticeable, that they finally fixed the jersey color, now it looks more or less as it should be...especially the burgundy one. The people in the crowd still wear the "old jersey texture" from previous years, you can pretty much see how inaccurate they were. As far as i am concerned, this is fairly important, the team colors are important part of the team´s identity, so having the off kinda sucks.

Finally, i am fairly new to NHL on Playstation, i bought PS3 just few weeks ago, the cheapest model with integrated flash memory, lol. So i have few questions, if you can be bothered answering please, anyone:

- i can play the game right off the disk, but is there a way to "install" the game onto that flash memory?

- in regard to manual roster updates and all the user changes like difficulty level, camera type, etc... do they save somewhere even if play from the disk? I mean, surely they dont go away when i turn off the game/system?

Thanks

Players likie Stastny likely wont update. The only players that usually update are guys who are playing well above their rating. EX: Stefan Elliott is a 74 or 75 I think. If he gets called up and is the leading scorer on the league among defenseman midway through the year he will likely get a bump to his ratings. Stastny is already an 85 or 86 so even if he plays unreal, they likely wont change him (unless he's leading the league in points by 20 points)

-You cannot install the game on the hard drive. You have the option to download the game from the playstation store. You would pay retail price by credit card and it would download and store right on your hard drive but you have no reason to do that now that you have the disk.

-Everything you save stores right onto the system. If you save be a gm mode for example, the next time you enter that game mode you can either start a new one, or load an existing one. Same can be done with Rosters/settings and everything else. You just have to make sure you save everything. There's a save game menu in every game mode.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Players likie Stastny likely wont update. The only players that usually update are guys who are playing well above their rating. EX: Stefan Elliott is a 74 or 75 I think. If he gets called up and is the leading scorer on the league among defenseman midway through the year he will likely get a bump to his ratings. Stastny is already an 85 or 86 so even if he plays unreal, they likely wont change him (unless he's leading the league in points by 20 points)

-You cannot install the game on the hard drive. You have the option to download the game from the playstation store. You would pay retail price by credit card and it would download and store right on your hard drive but you have no reason to do that now that you have the disk.

-Everything you save stores right onto the system. If you save be a gm mode for example, the next time you enter that game mode you can either start a new one, or load an existing one. Same can be done with Rosters/settings and everything else. You just have to make sure you save everything. There's a save game menu in every game mode.

Thanks for prompt response, Kento!

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I was a bit surprised to see Barrie at an 82. I think he is that good if he plays his game but usually he is the type of player that gets missed by EA

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
OK, so i downloaded the rosters succesfully, but MacKinnon was not there on Avs...was that supposed to be that way, or am i doing it wrong? I downloaded it, saved it...and i assume saving them = applying them, right?

Anyway, i moved him from Halifax to the Avs, so thats sorted.

In regard to gameplay itself, i am playing on rookie, cause its hard as ******, lol. I used to play NHL from 98 up to 2007 on PC quite a lot and i think i was quite decent at it, but this is completely different animal, especially cause of the gamepad controls...its day and night compared to keyboard controls...

One question though, how do you score the slapshot one-timer in this game? Seems only possible right from the face-off to me...otherwise the puck either does not make it to player supposed to receive it, or he misses it, or he is poorly positioned and cant shoot/shoots only wrister/backhander....not to mention i clearly dont move the right stick properly and receiving player tries to deke instead of shooting... i simply dont know how to do it consistently. And that shame, as it was such a huge part of those old NHL games on PC and it was one of my fav goals...granted, they were not as realistic as this one and i like the shift toward realism...but still would love to score more various goals than just all sort of wristers....

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
They really have no clue when it comes to hockey...

Neither when it comes to soccer :laugh:

espnferg1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad