Duchene aint in the TOP 50 !

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
NHL14 Player rankings are slowly coming out day by day. They started from the 50-40 top players and they are all ranked 88 overall. They are releasing the top 10 players in the game tomorrow. Duchene had only a couple less points than Hall and Tavares and they both are rated 89-90 I think. How is Duchene ranked under 88 for this upcoming game. The avs again are going to be rated too in NHL14

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
NHL14 Player rankings are slowly coming out day by day. They started from the 50-40 top players and they are all ranked 88 overall. They are releasing the top 10 players in the game tomorrow. Duchene had only a couple less points than Hall and Tavares and they both are rated 89-90 I think. How is Duchene ranked under 88 for this upcoming game. The avs again are going to be rated too in NHL14

It's a videogame for crying out loud.
And we finished with the 2nd worst record.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
IDK about the game but it's been pretty consistent for our players to be ranked low or left off of lists all across the board, whether it comes to prospects or roster players. And to be frank, with our performance in recent years, I don't blame anyone. We're not in a hockey crazed market like Edmonton where people watch and hype up your players without results. When our players actually accomplish something and force people to take notice and start watching again, that's when they'll get credit, and that's absolutely the way things should be.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was looking through a fantasy magazine today that had PAP ranked at least 10 spots higher than Duchene. Nothing against PAP but seriously people out there just don't comprehend Duchene's talent. But I agree with the point, I understand getting underrated until the Avs start winning again.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Until Avs become a winning team again they won't get any love from anyone. Players won't be rated high in any rankings.

If Duchene was on a winning team right now he would be rated top 50 easily.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
48 games ago people talked about trading Duchene... Surely a shortened season of good numbers isn't going to put him amongst the best.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
That's a joke. Duchene is easily in the top 50, but it is EA's rating system so it shouldn't be a surprise.
To be fair though, some of our fans were calling him a bust less than 20 games into his rookie season.

If anyone wants a good laugh, look up the old "Is Matt Duchene a bust?" thread. That and after 2012 when everyone was calling him a bust and quite a few were saying that they would trade him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I was looking through a fantasy magazine today that had PAP ranked at least 10 spots higher than Duchene. Nothing against PAP but seriously people out there just don't comprehend Duchene's talent. But I agree with the point, I understand getting underrated until the Avs start winning again.

PAP has had better results last 2 years than Duchene. Duchene has more natural talent, but PAP has been better player last 2 years.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ok, I see how if someone compared their stats the last two years they'd put PAP higher. Just was surprising to me in that fantasy is about predicting stats as well and I don't think I've seen it argued anywhere that PAP is going to score more than Duchene this season. But no biggie, they both have the potential to put up big points.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
you guys know he could just be 87 right?

the minimum ovr was 88 lol

He will be 87 for sure. Maybe 86.

And from what i could gather, there will be dynamic ratings this year, so if he plays well, it will rise appropriately during the season (if you get some roster patch or what).

On unrelated note, the thing i like about NHL14 BTW, that they finally fixed the burgundy color of the Avs sweater. It wont be the washed out purplish anymore.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
To be fair he could be 88, there's usually quite a lot of players ranked about 88, it may be that they just took the most recognizable players ranked 88.

viiggen

Sep 26, 2009
Luleå
The overall isnt anything to care about. I can garentee you wont feel any diffrence if a player is rated 85 or 88...
Some attributes in the game affects the overall more than other. :)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Ok, I see how if someone compared their stats the last two years they'd put PAP higher. Just was surprising to me in that fantasy is about predicting stats as well and I don't think I've seen it argued anywhere that PAP is going to score more than Duchene this season. But no biggie, they both have the potential to put up big points.

Just saying, that PAP has had better 2 years, so It isn't that big of a deal. Not to mention PAP was our leading scorer last season as well, he had more goals than Duc. ;)

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
COLORADO
Duchene 87 (4.5 Gold)
Stastny 85
Johnson 85
Landeskog 85 (4.5 Gold)
Parenteau 84
Tanguay 84
O'Reilly 84
Hejda 82
Downie 82
Barrie 82
Mcginn 80
Mitchell 79
Wilson 79
Hejduk 78
Sarich 77
Hunwick 77
Mcleod 75
Olver 74
Benoit 73
Malone 72
Bordeleau 71

Avs ratings in NHL 14.

as per : http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1488241&page=15&styleid=2

PAP should be higher IMO, EJ a bit lower, and maybe Tanguay too. Other than that looks pretty good.

e: O'Reilly also has 4 Green stars, Barrie 4 gold

link : http://www.twitch.tv/ant_d_7/b/456951921
around the 1 hour mark

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad