Dubois

bland

Jul 1, 2004
A small margin better but last night was probably his most focused defensive effort so at least he contributed.
Game 1 I think he wanted to play dirty especially on Mcdavid and the refs called 2 penalties on him so he had to adjust his assignment to stay out of the box.
He was really slow on his read as the F3 and allowed Edmonton to turn that should have been a nothing play into a 3 on 2 goal last night. It was a stopable shot, but the opportunity was there because Dubois mentally checked out of that shift.

Reactions: BaileyFan

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
He was really slow on his read as the F3 and allowed Edmonton to turn that should have been a nothing play into a 3 on 2 goal last night. It was a stopable shot, but the opportunity was there because Dubois mentally checked out of that shift.
Yea I know but that play I think it was Englund that just made the worst pass in the worst part of the ice for a transition back the other way. Like even if Dubois was quicker on it thats going in. But you are not wrong.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He is easily one of the most frustrating players in Kings history and he has only just begun. The highlight reel they ran last night was pretty damning and no different than how he plays or has played on any given night for the Kings or on any other previous team.

It is so puzzling how he has the production he had. He was carried hard by some linemates. Not to say he doesn't do anything, but he certainly doesn't drive plays, create offense, or maintain production. He is just sort of there and takes what he gets or can easily convert.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I don't have any evidence nor have I ever heard anything about it

BUT

I never believed that stupid story about pancakes and to this day I find it maddening that everybody just went along with it.

IMG_5774.jpeg

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It's far past time they realize he's just Dustin Penner and put him on a wing as a complementary player
Its as if they didnt scout him AT ALL.. Brisson calls BarginBin.. misure why dont you take a look at PLD he just needs a new team he will be great at center. BargBin pulls in Luc - we can get PLD and continue to build our quebecois flavored org here in so cal. After all we invented the damn sport and the Candiens will never figure it out. Luc calls Blake, we are getting PLD pls come up with some advanced stats justifying it.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I know the event happened I'm talking about the story that lead to the nickname and the event.

I'm talking about the idea that he hurt his back while eating pancakes.
I thought he himself said it, that he realized his back was injured while he was eating pancakes, and the joke started that is was the pancakes that did it in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way when he likely hurt it playing or doing something else.

Reactions: Mattias

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Wasn't that Kings event with the pancakes a tongue in cheek thing because of his pancake "injury"?

Anyway, Crepe' Du Pew should be Dubois' new nickname.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I know the event happened I'm talking about the story that lead to the nickname and the event.

I'm talking about the idea that he hurt his back while eating pancakes.
Penner said it happened though, unless you're saying it was a bit. Is it really all that unbelievable considering Sopel hurt his back picking up a cracker?

On another note... can you imagine Lombardi giving Penner an 8-year deal for a cap hit comparable to Dubois' $8.5 million? That would be equivalent to $6.05 million back in 2010.

• Haha
Reactions: BigBrown and Telos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad