Proposal: Dubois to Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
To Pens: Dubois and Gavrikov
To Kings: Smith and Graves

Change of scenery trade that has LA and Pit move on from long-term deals for players that didn't work for them.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dear lord no.

Very bad for the Penguins. PLD might be the absolute anti-thesis to what the Penguins roster needs. No offense LA fans.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Why not just do Graves straight up for PLD?

Seems to work for both teams.
I would not do it from Kings point of view.
I know people do not like PLD, but Graves is not good at all in my opinion.
Kings needs to trade Gavrikov, not to get another one.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dubois has one of the worst contracts in the NHL. There is absolutely no 1 for 1 trade I'd ever consider for him.

He's both overpaid and a locker room issue, absolutely no interest.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I could see Dubois as a Penguin.....in 2027, when the franchise has bottomed out, and the rebuild is in full swing. At that point, Dubas (or whoever is GM then) would be an absolute fool to not leverage every bit of cap space to take on some of the putrid deals around the league. For a bribe, and assuming Dubois hasnt turned it around in LA. Maybe he will be teammates with Huberdeau at that point.

In the meantime, Dubois is not going to do anything to turn the Pens fortunes around, IMO.

Now if we're talking Graves and Jarry, then I'm a little more interested right now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pittsburgh needs to shed ugly contracts and start drafting talent. PLD does nothing for them. I'm not even sure he is better than 38 year old Malkin at this point.

He isn't better than a 38 year old Malkin at this point.

I have no clue what the Kings were thinking trading that much and paying him that much. His best season in the NHL was 63 points. Why is he getting paid $8.5 million a year for the next 7 years?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He isn't better than a 38 year old Malkin at this point.

I have no clue what the Kings were thinking trading that much and paying him that much. His best season in the NHL was 63 points. Why is he getting paid $8.5 million a year for the next 7 years?

Because the cap is going up and that's what 60 points gets you in today's NHL at PLD's age?

Same type of deal Horvat got.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Because the cap is going up and that's what 60 points gets you in today's NHL at PLD's age?

Same type of deal Horvat got.

The Horvat deal was also stupid and overpaying Horvat for 1 year of overperformance.

Scheifele is making $8.5 million a year on an extension that he signed in October 2023 and he's a significantly better player than PLD is. If you want to make a big deal about the age, Larkin makes $8.7 million on a deal he signed in March 2023 and I'd also say he's clearly better than PLD is.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Schiefele is also 31. PLD is 25. 26 soon if you want to get technical.

If you want to make a big deal about the age, Larkin makes $8.7 million on a deal he signed in March 2023 and I'd also say he's clearly better than PLD is.

It's interesting how perspectives change on a player in just one year.

Most people said that the Kings overpaid both in terms of contract and what they gave up for PLD last off-season.

Reactions: north49er and zeeto

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If you want to make a big deal about the age, Larkin makes $8.7 million on a deal he signed in March 2023 and I'd also say he's clearly better than PLD is.

Larkin is two years older than PLD.

The deal PLD signed given the amount of UFA years and his counting stats prior to this year is perfectly in line with what we've seen.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings wouldn't want to include Gavrikov IMO.

It they move Gav, I think it would be an individual trade at the deadline.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad