Confirmed with Link: DSP re-signs

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm sure you thought you post was clever when you hit post, but it really just shows your lack of hockey knowledge.
You have zero wingers that are NHL ready and rookie games are a long way from leading your team in goals in the playoffs. How about trying to appreciate that fact you have a player drafted in the second round, who is going into his second contract and has paid his dues. Its no secret he was held back in the AHL this year, so that he did not exceed 100 games. Check around the league and tell me how many 2nd rounders from his draft have 75 games played and were factors in the playoffs.

He had 5 goals, which amounted to his entire point total, and he accomplished that while playing with two superstar talents. He had one more goal than three other players. Not to mention we're talking about a small sample size. Let's not fall back into the same trap some did when Etem had an impressive performance against Detroit. In the long run, those 5 goals and 12 games are far, far less meaningful than the previous 75 regular season games he's played. They are also far less meaningful than the upcoming season. DSP's draft position isn't particularly relevant anymore, either.

bsu isn't wrong. If DSP held out, it wouldn't be any great loss at this point, and Boudreau would have no problems finding someone who could fill in. Palmieri, Maroon, and Beleskey are just the start. Those are just the players currently on the roster. Obviously it's better to have DSP at camp, but it's not like he's a lock to be a top six talent with us. He had a good playoffs, but I think bsu's point was that DSP would only be hurting himself by holding out. The impact on the team itself is pretty minimal right now.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Probably means Ducks wanted 2 way he wanted 1 way...I'm not sure.

No, he was out of waivers. 2 way contract would have been meaningless.

What the hell was the hold up then?

What's the usual holdup in any negotiation?

2c6439d.jpg

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
The DSP signing brings the total team salary to $59.6 million. The cap is $69 million. So your saying we have enough for Weber :sarcasm:

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Once again David McNab proves his worth to this organization. Show of hands of people who thought we'd have Silfverberg and Smith-Pelly under contract this season for 1.65 million COMBINED. Unreal. I don't think there's anyone in the league who manages their budget as well as he does. No surprise Devo was going to sign before camp but I'm really surprised he signed for so little. Excellent signing!

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I'm sure you thought you post was clever when you hit post, but it really just shows your lack of hockey knowledge.
You have zero wingers that are NHL ready and rookie games are a long way from leading your team in goals in the playoffs. How about trying to appreciate that fact you have a player drafted in the second round, who is going into his second contract and has paid his dues. Its no secret he was held back in the AHL this year, so that he did not exceed 100 games. Check around the league and tell me how many 2nd rounders from his draft have 75 games played and were factors in the playoffs.

I find it very ironic that you attack someone's knowledge of the game when you throw out a ridiculous statement like this. So Bob Murray had Smith-Pelly intentionally so he wouldn't hit some meaningless threshold? Give me a break.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Lol now i see why Devo holded on a bit :laugh:

In any case - he will get his payday. He didn`t got his time here last year though so i can understand why Ducks wanted the salary be so low. Didn`t expect it to go so low. That`s like 0.25 Stoners
New official Ducks denomination of currency.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
That's not really true. There was quote from Ferguson, midseason I think, saying that they were trying to fit him in. If anything, it sounded like they hadn't prepared for him to be as ready as he was at the last training camp - Ferguson stated in the same article that he would have just made most teams in this league with how he had played in camp last year.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I am going to laugh when Stoner comes in takes the hockeyworld by storm, takes Lovejoys spot on the top line and cruises into his way to Norris conversation....

:sarcasm:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I am going to laugh when Stoner comes in takes the hockeyworld by storm, takes Lovejoys spot on the top line and cruises into his way to Norris conversation....

:sarcasm:
If he wins the Norris we'll be glad we locked him down for only one Stoner instead of say 1.8 Stoners.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Matter of time, but still nice to have done before camp. Silf and Devo signed for well under 2 mil. Solid job by Murph and his team.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Kind of surprised he didn't get an increasing contract. Don't they generally prefer that because it makes the QO bigger?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
A quick look at Capgeek reveals that his ELC was for $870K. My guess is that the holdout was about not taking a pay cut. Probably more a holdout on principal than anything else.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
A quick look at Capgeek reveals that his ELC was for $870K. My guess is that the holdout was about not taking a pay cut. Probably more a holdout on principal than anything else.

His salary was 690K. Considering he played almost all year in the minors I can't imagine he earned so much as a dime of his bonuses so this is definitely a raise and not a paycut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad