Speculation: DSP on waivers - Trade incoming? BMAC speculates its with Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
wow, was someone i hoped leafs would sign in the offseason as i assumed WSH would never give him up before playoffs
he'd be a great add for leafs

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
someone has to claim him i'd assume, he scored some big goals for the Caps last year in the playoffs.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Sounds like GMBM is betting he cant replicate last year's playoffs.. as a poster mentioned above, playoff heros happen all the time. Thank him for his service and move on.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Leafs will be all over this. I expect they will put in a claim, but not sure if he makes it that far. Someone who can play with some heart and jam, proven playoff warrior and a UFA at the end of the year for free? Plus with Toronto's 4th line struggling lately, perfect time to inject more playoff experience into the team.

Maybe a change of scenery and being given a promotion to Matthews line in Toronto wakes him up? I mean, worst case scenario, he flops here and even in the playoffs sucks and just walks. Best case they add a top 9 forward who might be able to turn it up in the playoffs.

I can almost guarantee the Leafs make a claim.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leafs will be all over this. I expect they will put in a claim, but not sure if he makes it that far. Someone who can play with some heart and jam, proven playoff warrior and a UFA at the end of the year for free? Plus with Toronto's 4th line struggling lately, perfect time to inject more playoff experience into the team.

Maybe a change of scenery and being given a promotion to Matthews line in Toronto wakes him up? I mean, worst case scenario, he flops here and even in the playoffs sucks and just walks. Best case they add a top 9 forward who might be able to turn it up in the playoffs.

I can almost guarantee the Leafs make a claim.
Leafs should offer a late pick in trade if they want him, doubt he makes it far enough to claim him.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Leafs should offer a late pick in trade if they want him, doubt he makes it far enough to claim him.

I doubt he makes it either but I bet Dubas is putting in a claim just in case. Why wouldn't you? Maybe he isn't worth paying for to Dubas but for free it doesn't hurt and adds an element they lack. I bet if he wants to pay, he has other names in mind that bring the same sort of swagger to the team and can perform when it matters.

Jan 21, 2018

Reporter: Hey man I thought you said Jaskin was going on waivers, it's actually DSP?

Spokesman:

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad