Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Albin Grewe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Can't believe anyone gave Svech a vote at this point. He should be 8th or lower, preferably lower as I really don't see him as a prospect anymore, and expect very little from him at this point.

He had a pretty similar impact as Hirose last time he played in the NHL, IMO. Not as good counting stats, but better possession stats. Same age. Both born in 1996.

Considering Hirose had gotten votes, don’t think it’s crazy Svechnikov did too. Everyone has different criteria for these, keep that in mind too.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He had a pretty similar impact as Hirose last time he played in the NHL, IMO. Not as good counting stats, but better possession stats. Same age. Both born in 1996.

Considering Hirose had gotten votes, don’t think it’s crazy Svechnikov did too. Everyone has different criteria for these, keep that in mind too.
Next to Hirose, Svech is the one that's a lock to get NHL time this year. His waiver exemption runs out so the team has to make a decision after this season. His knee is the only big question mark, if he recovers he's already shown he's NHL caliber.

If someone voted based on probability of making the NHL as well as potential, I agree it's not an unreasonable choice.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You have seem to be the only person capping Veleno as a #3 center. Safe to say the organization views him a bit more than that considering they did nothing to address center depth in the draft and signed a mid 30s place holder for 2 years.
Could be because they see defense as such a glaring hole. One draft doesn’t tell us anything.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Could be because they see defense as such a glaring hole. One draft doesn’t tell us anything.
Yeah, plus defensemen take longer to develop, so it would makes sense to go defense first when rebuilding a team.

I'm sure the next draft is going to be heavy on forwards plus one or two LD to replace DDK and Nemeth eventually. (BigE and Daley are gone, so I'm already slotting Cholo there.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad