Confirmed with Link: Drury President and GM

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Is this permanent or interim?

It doesn't say interim so I'm assuming permanent.

Which really leads me to believe this was a punitive firing of some sort. That we didn't want to completely change direction, but that there was a fallout between the owner and the head management.

Which also makes sense because you don't change course one friggin' year after hiring a new President.

This is a fallout situation of some sort, I'm convinced.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
In this AP photo, an ecstatic Chris Drury is seen this afternoon accepting the dual role from Dolan with literally zero notice in the middle of a traumatic week:
2drodr.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not a fan of this. Zero experience.

It's been the case with a ton of current GMs though. AGM-GM is natural progression.

He's been in demand from a bunch of teams over the last few years so it's not like he's just being thrusted into the role. I have no idea how he'll do, who he'll appoint around him or any of that other shit.

Him getting the president and GM title is a bit much though. He has like full authority over everything now.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Coming soon:

Confirmed with link:

Jack Eichel starting center and coach and GM and President and also starting RW and starting RD because we traded the entire team away to bring him in

Reactions: ted2019

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
I think Drury and Quinn are somewhat tight. What do I know? I think Quinn has been wanting a certain type of player and has been obvious about the lack thereof. There's only so many times he can lament that the team gets in trouble when it plays too pretty. He wants his own Tom W.-type.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Coming soon:

Confirmed with link:

Jack Eichel starting center and coach and GM and President and also starting RW and starting RD because we traded the entire team away to bring him in

Kakko, Nils and a #1 for Marchand

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Drury has been Gorton's protégé for a few years now. I have a hard time believing that you can like Gorton's approach but dislike Drury's approach, unless he goes off the rails. My biggest concern is how involved will Dolan be and how much autonomy Drury will have...

Yeah there is this.

I don't think its so much a Knicks situation if he's stepping into this role because a Knicks situation would be replacing JG with Messier (or JD for that matter, we'll see.)

Though if Dolan wants to play puppet master, we're f***ed.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It's been the case with a ton of current GMs though. AGM-GM is natural progression.

He's been in demand from a bunch of teams over the last few years so it's not like he's just being thrusted into the role. I have no idea how he'll do, who he'll appoint around him or any of that other shit.

Him getting the president and GM title is a bit much though. He has like full authority over everything now.

You're not wrong. I'm a bit unsettled and concerned this franchise is going to make a massive, unfortunate, yet classicly Rangers, pivot. I hope that isn't what Drury is here to do and I hope it works out.

Reactions: Nickmo82

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
This is such a dumb move I don't even know where to start. I have ZERO confidence in Drury being a competent GM. This is a Garth Snow 2.0 move all over again. Just great.
This situation is insanely messed up, but I do have to disagree on this. Chris Drury will come in as a rookie GM, sure, but I can't think of another rookie executive in any sport who has had more training and preparation than he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad