Drury deserves a lot of credit!

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
2021-07-27_22-16-36.png

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I said when the Buch trade happened that Gorton wouldn't make a losing trade that makes your team better, and that clearly Drury would. I wasn't happy with the trade, and I know that Blais has been hurt, but clearly Drury's attitude towards team building has something to it.
What about crediting Dolan for firing the previous regime?
Unironically one of the best owners in hockey.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I said when the Buch trade happened that Gorton wouldn't make a losing trade that makes your team better, and that clearly Drury would. I wasn't happy with the trade, and I know that Blais has been hurt, but clearly Drury's attitude towards team building has something to it.

Unironically one of the best owners in hockey.
4D chess. He made his 1st trade a clear loss so other teams’ GMs would feel comfortable he won’t fleece them

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I was 100% on board with the firing after hearing how it all went down. And I hate saying that since I loved JD.

Dolan deserves a ton of credit since he stays out of the way and dumps money into the organization. You cannot ask for more.

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
I was 100% on board with the firing after hearing how it all went down. And I hate saying that since I loved JD.

Dolan deserves a ton of credit since he stays out of the way and dumps money into the organization. You cannot ask for more.
Dolan just had a hissy fit that happened to work out.

This team could lose to the lightning and Dolan could decide he wants a team full of eskimos and fire Drury and hire all of Alaska

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Dolan just had a hissy fit that happened to work out.

This team could lose to the lightning and Dolan could decide he wants a team full of eskimos and fire Drury and hire all of Alaska
Dolan hired Glen Sather, who had the reputation the best GM in the league, gave him total control, and stuck with him until he retired.

Narcissus

Jul 4, 2009
I know everyone feels attached to Schneider but are we going to be able to hide a 20yo 10 minute a night defenseman against Tampa?

Maybe a mistake not acquiring another vet?

Nemeth is pretty obviously not the guy they thought he was and will get a nice trip to Arizona or a buyout this summer.

Braun seemed like a nice 6/7 pick up but Drury forgot about #5? hindsight 20/20.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I know everyone feels attached to Schneider but are we going to be able to hide a 20yo 10 minute a night defenseman against Tampa?

Maybe a mistake not acquiring another vet?

Nemeth is pretty obviously not the guy they thought he was and will get a nice trip to Arizona or a buyout this summer.

Braun seemed like a nice 6/7 pick up but Drury forgot about #5? hindsight 20/20.

Take a look at how much Cal Foote is playing for Tampa. The "greatest team of all time" Colorado Avalanche are forced to play and shelter the absolute f*** out of Jack Johnson now since Girard is out for the year. I have no idea how the minutes have been rolled for for Edmonton.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Not to diminish Gorton but Fox, Lafy, and Trouba were all either no brainers and/or guys that specifically wanted to come only here.
I'm gonna diminish Gorton. I loved him at the time, but looking back...what did he really do? The Zibanejad trade is probably the best thing he did. The next best thing he did was have the guts to tear it all down, but that's the easy part. I like drafting Igor, Fil, and while I f***ing hate Strome that trade was robbery.

Kakko, Laf, Fox for a couple 2nds, Trouba for Pionk, signing Panarin were all easy moves.

Signing a college coach? wtf was that shit?

Idk I just dont feel like we have a ton to show for his time here, he laid some of the groundwork sure but Drury's deadline was master class and is paying dividends currently.

Narcissus

Jul 4, 2009
Take a look at how much Cal Foote is playing for Tampa. The "greatest team of all time" Colorado Avalanche are forced to play and shelter the absolute f*** out of Jack Johnson now since Girard is out for the year. I have no idea how the minutes have been rolled for for Edmonton.
Fair enough.

FWIW Edmonton seems pretty balanced with ice time. Tampa rolls 7D with Bogosian Foote and Ruuta all getting 8-14 minutes a game. Colorado is 5D plus JMFJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00