Drouins floor/ceiling going into 2016-17

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
He had a strong game last night. 1G 2A. For I think 4 points in preseason..

What does his projections look like this year? And what's his ceiling for this year?
I think this season he will have (27G-30A-57pts)

I see him around 40-75 for floor/ceiling.. what do you guys think?

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
On a stacked Lightning's team I think he will hit 60 pts. However, I see him more as a 20G 40A type guy.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Drouin is one of the best offensive talents in the league, literally top 10.

I see his ceiling as a ppg guy, and his floor around 50.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Drouin is one of the best offensive talents in the league, literally top 10.

I see his ceiling as a ppg guy, and his floor around 50.

This is just ridiculous. Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kane, Benn, Seguin, Gaudreau, Karlsson, Tavares...

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
This is just ridiculous. Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kane, Benn, Seguin, Gaudreau, Karlsson, Tavares...

Not sure why you think its ridiculous that Drouin gets to 70-75 points, which is the bottom end of the guys you mention. He obviously would have break out to get there, but he plays with other talented players on a good team, and he's ridiculously skilled himself.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Ceiling - ppg top 5-10 scorer in nhl
Floor - underperforms - gets cut to ahl and goes on strike again

His ceiling has never been his problem. He's extremely talented. It's about him executing and translating his talent into the nhl.

Realistic expectations ~55-60 points

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Could potentially be the best LW in the league this upcoming season. If they put him on Stamkos' wing and Drouin plays the role MSL used to play as a playmaking LW (which he did do in Junior for Ehlers and MacKinnon) him and Stamkos will be unstoppable. Slide a gritty-grinding RW to handle the goons and people trying to stop them and even better.

Could see a ceiling of 110 Points, floor of 70.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The floor is 40 points or so, because he could always get back into Jon Cooper's dog house. TOI and linemates is the only thing that's ever held him back. His skillset translated from Day 1. But he makes mistakes, and those mistakes have cost him big-time.

The ceiling is really high though, especially when you consider his linemates, Palat and Stamkos, both of whom seem tailor made for him. If Stamkos returns to > 70 points this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Drouin top 80. He has the talent, and he has the talent around him.

My prediction is a little of column A and a little of column B though. 60ish points. And then next year he could get himself into the Art Ross conversation.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm going to disagree with everyone here, I think he's going to be hot garbage and play his way onto the 3/4 line. Not convinced after a few playoff games that the riff is healed and they trust him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad