Drouin vs. MacKinnon vs. Ehlers vs. Hischier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
NHL career only? When it comes to international play, Ehlers is kind of screwed.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
MacK

Avs will mimic the Oilers and Leafs, stockpile high pick over the next 3-4 years, and explode with MacK leading the way (unless they draft another phenom C).

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Drouin MacK and Ehlers all about even with Hischier a small but clear step behind.

Drouin is bae so him.

Reactions: cgf

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
I would say Ehlers is in the best current position to succeed when you factor in where he is positioned on his respective team and the surrounding players. I do think MacKinnon will be the best of the group when it's all said and done as I think he is the best of the group. Drouin will likely be the most talked about of the group (and is already the more highlight reel friendly player) now that he is the French-Canadian Superstar on the Canadiens. Hischier, it remains to be seen how he adapts to the NHL, But he will have the quietest career due to the team he plays on. But I also think the fact that he will play for the Devils vs. a major market could be a great thing for his development.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Hischier because he hasn't done anything yet. lol

Mackinnon is 2nd but I thought he would be better.
Ehlers is looking better than Drouin but playing the first line Droin's numbers could spike up quickly.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
MacK

Avs will mimic the Oilers and Leafs, stockpile high pick over the next 3-4 years, and explode with MacK leading the way (unless they draft another phenom C).

They just bombed harder than any team in the league by over 20 points and were rewarded with the 4th OA pick. Colorado's luck has been pretty crummy of late, their management hasn't done them any favors.

Reactions: cgf

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They just bombed harder than any team in the league by over 20 points and were rewarded with the 4th OA pick. Colorado's luck has been pretty crummy of late, their management hasn't done them any favors.

Hard to feel bad for a team that has drafted 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the last 9 years and 7 top 11 picks in those years.

Sucks for fans, but Mgt is at fault, not the lottery results.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Mac
Drouin

Hischier

Ehlers

Not too difficult to sort this one out

Well, the poll says otherwise. :laugh:

With Drouin having been traded and all of the turmoil in Colorado it's hard to figure out which way is up with this poll.

Due to Injuries Hischier will certainly be playing #1 center spot on opening night. That'll either be a treat to watch or a complete gong show.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I know I'll be in the minority but I'm huge on Hischier, long before he was even considered a top 10 pick.

kujo31

Aug 18, 2007
I'll take Ehlers he has had the most success so far from any of them and I think the Jets is a team on the up and up

I was tempted to say Mackinnon and he has a ton of tools, and it maybe just the team he is on but he hasn't put together a super successful season outside of the rookie one he had, so for that reason I won't select him.
Its close between Ehlers and Mackinnon, I think Mackinnon has the tools to be a great C but I don't think if he'll do it playing for Colorado.

I think Drouin may have a break out season, he has the potential but again hasn't really proven it to this point.

Hichier isn't real fair in this poll, he was just drafted so I mean he could be the best we just don't really have a point of reference NHL wise so he is the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad