Drouin heating up

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He literally injured a goalie via deke.

The EN goal might have been more impressive though. His speed is otherwordly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I had a feeling this goal was going to wind up being posted on a new thread tonight just for the sake of everyone seeing it. While I don't believe a single play deserves its own thread, I suppose it's appropriate if we are going to talk about his recent hot streak.

But yeah Drouin is becoming absolutely ridiculous. His power play game management alone is starting to become amongst the best in the league and that's not a statement I make lightly.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
He's been so impressive lately. One thing that's held him back is injuries and then taking a little longer than most to get hot again after missing time. But right now he's healthy and really showing everything he can do. Mostly offensively but he's improved on defense and isn't a liability. I don't think anyone is surprised that he's doing so well but it still deserves some appreciation.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cooper played him in an EN situation tonight. First time in his career.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Sweet for the kid. But sucks for me because I just traded him in fantasy for Marner and a pick upgrade.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Still not a fan of Drouin's, I think he shows flashes but he's never going to really put it together. Small, not that good defensively, and I think he struggles to hit 50 points. Completely invisible when stammer hasn't been injured.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Still not a fan of Drouin's, I think he shows flashes but he's never going to really put it together. Small, not that good defensively, and I think he struggles to hit 50 points. Completely invisible when stammer hasn't been injured.

Wrong, he was the best forward on the team the first 7 games.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

Ignoring how wrong everything else you posted is, he's on pace for 57 points even with missing 8 games

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

When is small going to stop beeing a negative thing in hockey? If you are small and fast thats a good thing in todays NHL. Future Hall of famers Kane and MSL didnt give a **** about how tall they are. Atkinson is tearing it up in Columbus right now, Zuccarello has been NYR top point producer the last 2 seasons while beeing a great twoway player etc.

Drouin showes flashes of elite play but not consistently sure. The guy is 21..... Its to be expected. He scored 14 in 17 playoff games last season, 20 points in 26 games so far this season. People need to relax and let young players develop, very few players go straight into the league as a 20 year old and score at an elite pace.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
lurking from afar here but does he still have concussion issues? that's some crazy skills that may tease us fans for a long time.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

He's 5'11 190 and plays a pretty feisty game. Not sure what you're on about here.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Ignoring how wrong everything else you posted is, he's on pace for 57 points even with missing 8 games

Even if he continues his current pace, which I don't think he will, that's still not that great for a guy who can only put up points. When you watch him the guy is obviously talented, he's got great hands, but I see him frequently taking shifts off and I think the only aspect of his game is points, and he only seems to get those when he's getting all the attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad