Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
- He looked worse then he has in his career
- Lindholm was our best player last year outside of Gibson
- Manson was slightly better than Fowler
- Montour was having a better season than Fowler

I disagree completely.

If anything I thought Lindholm and Manson just had their worst seasons yet. I had high hopes that Lindholm would take a step towards becoming a #1 defenseman but he took two steps back instead. Puck-handling and consequently his turnovers were especially brutal to watch. Manson looked lost no matter who he was paired with.

Fowler certainly wasn't great either but he stunk it up just as much as any of his previous years. He's overpaid by about 1M but he's still a solid, albeit defensively-flawed, top 4D.

I thought Getzlaf and Silverberg were better than Lindholm for most of the season.

Montour... I'll just blame that on Carlyle.

IMO/YMMV and all that.

EDIT: I'm hoping for a bounce back season from our "medium-sized 3". Otherwise, we're gonna be in deep ****.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Pretty sure most GMS would trade a 50 point 2nd line winger, who has only broken 20 goals 1 time for a #2 dmen.

If you cant see you are over valuing Drouin, idk what to tell you kid.

Yeah, thats why Bergevin specifically targered offense a week ago and not defense. Makes perfect sense. They need Cam Fowler so bad. He would put them over the top. How silly for me to suggest otherwise!

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I disagree completely.

If anything I thought Lindholm and Manson just had their worst seasons yet. I had high hopes that Lindholm would take a step towards becoming a #1 defenseman but he took two steps back instead. Puck-handling and consequently his turnovers were especially brutal to watch. Manson looked lost no matter who he was paired with.

Fowler certainly wasn't great either but he stunk it up just as much as any of his previous years. He's overpaid by about 1M but he's still a solid, albeit defensively-flawed, top 4D.

I thought Getzlaf and Silverberg were better than Lindholm for most of the season.

Montour... I'll just blame that on Carlyle.

IMO/YMMV and all that.

EDIT: I'm hoping for a bounce back season from our "medium-sized 3". Otherwise, we're gonna be in deep ****.

Personally I blame almost all of it on Carlyle. There was zero defensive structure and zero forward support for zone exits, which left them all trying to do too much on their own. Its like he actively discouraged anything beyond "glass and out" for zone exits and "dump it in" for entries. Not exactly a recipe for success

He also insisted on separating Manson and Lindholm, who have proven to be one of the better pairs in the league, in favor of trying to make Fowler/Manson work which was a disaster.

Yeah, thats why Bergevin specifically targered offense a week ago and not defense. Makes perfect sense. They need Cam Fowler so bad. He would put them over the top. How silly for me to suggest otherwise!

Not that Im advocating for this trade in particular (full disclosure I think its bad), but getting Weber a strong skating PMD partner would be huge. Boosting the zone exits and transition game generally leads to increased offensive production.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Fowler has never once cracked 40 pts or managed to play a full season. Why would Montreal give up their best offensive weapon for a level of player that is can be had in free agency? That would be a MASSIVE step backwards for the Habs especially considering they moved Sergachev for Fowler and Fowler's injury history.

I don't see Domi being proposed here. Drouin has been very underwhelming.

Reactions: Getz2noone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad