Confirmed with Link: Dronov Gets A Contract, Too (1 year, two-way $770K NHL/$70K AHL) annnnnnnd it's gone.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Grandpa Simpson Walk In Walk Out GIFs | Tenor

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Dronov probably got a NHL offer or guaranteed money elsewhere

Drury and Noesen are the forwards that weren't cut?
Yeah, he signed an NHL contract, so any offer he got couldn't have been from the NHL.

This made no sense to me from the beginning; why would a burgeoning KHL star take a 2-way contract? I didn't get it, and I still don't.

EDIT: it appears that I was incorrect, and apparently he hadn't actually signed a contract. Which means that another NHL team could have signed him. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Drury and Noesen are the forwards that weren't cut?

25 players left on the roster, which includes Pacioretty.

Forwards: 14
TT-Aho-Jarvis
Svech-KK-Necas
Kase-Staal-Fast
Martinook, Drury, Stastny, Stepan (PTO), Noesek

Defense: 8
Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Pesce
de Hann-Coghlan
Chatfield-Bear

Andersen
Raanta

Fitzgerald and Suzuki: Injured non-roster. Waiting for them to be healthy to send down.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The odd part for me is they announced the contract on the same day he was sent down/cut. If the contract was predicated on him making it, why announce it at basically the same time he didn't make it.

Maybe it's a case where the Canes and Dronov signed the contract and Carolina said "We won't file this until you've had a chance to look elsewhere. If you get an NHL offer or want to go back to Russia, we'll throw this in the trash. If not, we'll file it and there's a good chance you'll get called up during the season".

I'm sure the "not filing it" part is intentional.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The odd part for me is they announced the contract on the same day he was sent down/cut. If the contract was predicated on him making it, why announce it at basically the same time he didn't make it.

Maybe it's a case where the Canes and Dronov signed the contract and Carolina said "We won't file this until you've had a chance to look elsewhere. If you get an NHL offer or want to go back to Russia, we'll throw this in the trash. If not, we'll file it and there's a good chance you'll get called up during the season".

I'm sure the "not filing it" part is intentional.
Yes, I suppose this makes sense, and it kinda fits with the way the Canes do business. Interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad