Coaches: Drill software for Minor hockey team

BugCrush3r

Jan 7, 2013
Hi everybody, I decided to volunteer my time and put my name in to help out our local minor hockey. I was selected as an assistant coach for my son's Atom team (9-10year olds) this year. The head coach is very knowledgeable and we've been coaching well together since the beginning of the season. Just recently I've looked at ways to better use our ice time. Much time is wasted when communicating the practice drills. It would be nice if the coach could use some sort of drill creating software to put our drills in electronic form and then shared to the rest of us prior to the practice. This way the assistants could setup the drill while the head coach explains the drill to the kids thus loses less time and everybody is on the same page come practice.

I've looked at the weissman and drilldraw based programs and they look awesome but your talking a lot of $$$ for licensing fees for multiple computers. Is there a simple drill creating program where practice sheets can be exported FREE or very low $$$?

Last edited:

Malreg

May 12, 2011
www.hockeyshare.com might be exactly what you're looking for.

There are a few different options for accounts ranging from free to accounts for entire associations.

I've been using the free account this summer and it's great. With the free account you have a limited amount of drills and practice plans you can save, but it's not difficult to manage. You can draw drills, share with whoever you want, send your practice plans electronically, add notes, etc.

There's even an area where you can create your team and track your stats, calendars, etc.

It is also web-based so you can access it anywhere from any computer, unlike a program like Drilldraw that does not work on Macs.

BugCrush3r

Jan 7, 2013
Guys I thought the free version of the hockeyshare program didn't give you the export function to share the drills electronically.

Has anyone tried the intelligym? Are the results (30%) really that high? I've never heard of a online game improving hockey skills. Can anyone provide feedback on this program?

Malreg

May 12, 2011
Guys I thought the free version of the hockeyshare program didn't give you the export function to share the drills electronically.

Has anyone tried the intelligym? Are the results (30%) really that high? I've never heard of a online game improving hockey skills. Can anyone provide feedback on this program?

You can save your practice plan as a PDF then just email the file.

BugCrush3r

Jan 7, 2013
You can save your practice plan as a PDF then just email the file.

Thanks I just tried it and it does indeed export JPGs. We'll try it this week if it pans out well I'll ask the hockey association if they can purchase a license so we can just share the drills among many coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad