Player Discussion Drew Stafford

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
nice addition, no need to entertain re-signing him moving forward after this year.

with the amount of talent available due to the expansion draft (with teams having excess they need to purge before losing for nothing), i'd be disappointed if we ended up with stafford. much better options and sweeney needs to strike in june.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
with the amount of talent available due to the expansion draft (with teams having excess they need to purge before losing for nothing), i'd be disappointed if we ended up with stafford. much better options and sweeney needs to strike in june.

That's not really how talent distribution works. Same number of players. More teams. Teams will need to dress less talented guys. The excess goes to Las Vegas. Nobody is sending their excess talent to Boston just to send a different guy to Vegas.

I'd take Stafford back on a one year "don't block the kids" deal.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
That's not really how talent distribution works. Same number of players. More teams. Teams will need to dress less talented guys. The excess goes to Las Vegas. Nobody is sending their excess talent to Boston just to send a different guy to Vegas.

I'd take Stafford back on a one year "don't block the kids" deal.

why not? if you have 1 good player beyond your protectable 7/3/1, wouldn't it make sense to trade that player for assets and let vegas have a crappier player? this will happen in june and it's gonna be rampant. more trades in early june than you'll see at any trade deadline.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I do think this guy needs to have a pretty solid playoff if he wants to get a nice contract, from any team, due to prior injuries and sometimes aloof style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad