Recalled/Assigned: Drew Shore recalled

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I would hope that isn't a concern, because Flames management wasn't acquiring Shore as a prospect, but rather as an NHL player who was in the AHL for CBA reasons. Many sources have called Shore an NHL player.

Fair enough but all the same, in light of Shore's contractual status, he's going to be given a lot of extra leeway in securing a spot, much like Colborne last year. And depending on whether he plays centre or right wing, it'll be that much harder for Granlund/Reinhart/Poirier to make the team given veterans already in place, reach the cap floor, their own waiver status, etc.

Anyway,

Maybe the best lineup so far. Maybe switch Colborne and Hudler for reasons of chemistry.

Also, there really needs to be a twitter tag input option.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I would put Raymond back in the lineup and take out Bollig. Keep the first 2 lines, put Raymond with shore and Colborne and Bouma with Stajan and Byron

Raymond has not been playing good but he is a streaky player and there is no way he is going to get his game going (or his trade value up) by sitting in the press box. I think he adds more to the game than Bollig.
Raymond-Shore-Colborne
Bouma,Stajan,Byron

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Solid move but I am legit concerned on how management deals with our roster for next season.

We have Gaudreau, Monahan, Hudler, Backlund, Colborne, Jooris, Bouma, Granlund, and Shore all likely to play next season in the NHL (9/14 forwards). We also have Raymond, Bollig and Stajan signed but I strongly believe they wont deserve a spot in the line up with the emergence of our young guys (12/14). I think we really need to move 2 of those 3, as they are almost in the way at this point. Byron needs to go and Glencross will probably have to walk because we are stuck with Stajan/Raymond/Bollig which I dont like whatsoever. Now, we have 12-14 forwards in the lineup pending if we sign any UFA forwards. Now we have so many guys in Addy approaching or already in the mid 20's (Baertschi, Ferland, Reinhart, Van Brabant, Wolf, Arnold, Agostino, and Hanowski. who will be pushing for bottom line spots, whilst having the possibility of Bennett and/or Poirier breaking out and making the team out of camp. We are going to be in quite a hole with too many bottom six capable guys preventing other more deserving guys from the line up. If a guy like Bouma is not resigned because of this I will be quite unimpressed. I seem to be the only poster showing an over concern about the situation, but I just dont see how it can be fixed without some sacrifices being made (losing quality player because we cant make room). The D top 6 is already set, which I guess I am okay with, but I would still like us to add a top 4 defensive UFA (to replace contract of Glencross or a traded Stajan/Raymond/Bollig).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's better to have too many capable players than too few. I trust that our management won't lose any good players with value for nothing.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
It's better to have too many capable players than too few. I trust that our management won't lose any good players with value for nothing.

Very true. I think it is likely we package a couple forwards (roster and/or close to ready prospect) for picks/prospects/upgrade on RW or D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad