Drew Doughty or Duncan Keith (in their primes)

And?

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Doughty’s Norris was a joke too. It was a lifetime achievement not an award for the best season by a dman.

Everyone knows it was Karlsson's Norris

He was voted 9th for the Hart but 2nd for the Norris

Doughty was voted 11th for the Hart but 1st for the Norris

Karlsson was PPG and led the league in assists, Karlsson had a much higher CF% rel, Doughty was playing on a much better team (17 more points)

Sens missing the playoffs that year is probably the reason why it went that way

Reactions: qqaz

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I voted Keith because his prime was longer. He was an absolute machine for so long. His total ice time every year was bonkers.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Give me Keith here. I think Doughty on a game to game basis could peak higher than Keith, but I think Keith’s efficiency and consistency puts him over the edge for me.

I actually think this is really accurate. Doughty was a bit of a roller coaster particularly earlier in his career and that's part of the reason he didn't win a Norris earlier, he'd go nuclear in the playoffs after an uneven regular season. He ironed that out as time went on but not as much as Keith had it on lock.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I actually think this is really accurate. Doughty was a bit of a roller coaster particularly earlier in his career and that's part of the reason he didn't win a Norris earlier, he'd go nuclear in the playoffs after an uneven regular season. He ironed that out as time went on but not as much as Keith had it on lock.
Yeah I won’t fault anyone for picking Doughty cuz the man was a freak in his prime, just a little more inconsistent than Keith. But that played the Doughtys strengths and play style. Some nights he’d be all over the ice and affecting the game for half the game and others that same play style would get him into trouble because he was 5% off his game for whatever reason. Keith kind of had that Lidstrom* style were it was just the same thing every game you know what you’re going to get which is also great.

*obviously not at as high of a level as him.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Everyone knows it was Karlsson's Norris

He was voted 9th for the Hart but 2nd for the Norris

Doughty was voted 11th for the Hart but 1st for the Norris

Karlsson was PPG and led the league in assists, Karlsson had a much higher CF% rel, Doughty was playing on a much better team (17 more points)

Sens missing the playoffs that year is probably the reason why it went that way
Get over it. Everyone knows the year Karlsson won, it should have gone to Doughty. Funny how things work out.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Tough choice. The ace that Keith usually has on other dmen, his ungodly playoff performance, is matched by Doughty. Doughty was a machine in the playoffs.

If I was guarenteed Doughty’s absolute peak every game, then I would choose him. He simply has more raw physical tools, and thats despite being the opposite of the gym freak Keith is.

That said, through their primes, I think Keith was was more consistently great on a night to night basis.

So Ill say Doughty had the higher peak, Keith had the better prime.

Like Toews and Kopitar, it was fun watching these two play ‘anything you can do, I can do better’ every time their teams played.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Get over it. Everyone knows the year Karlsson won, it should have gone to Doughty. Funny how things work out.

The 2 years EK won the Norris, he finished 8th and 9th in Hart voting.

Only thing I see for Doughty in 2011-12 is AS-21. In 2014-15, he was 17th in Hart voting

In terms of production

2011-12

EK : 81 19 59 78
Due : 77 10 26 36

2014-15

EK : 82 21 45 66
Due : 82 7 39 46

Not sure what you're basing your argument on.

I'm assuming you're talking about 2014-15 because AINEC for 2011-12... So how exactly Karlsson stole a Norris from Doughty in 2014-15?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The 2 years EK won the Norris, he finished 8th and 9th in Hart voting.

Only thing I see for Doughty in 2011-12 is AS-21. In 2014-15, he was 17th in Hart voting

In terms of production

2011-12

EK : 81 19 59 78
Due : 77 10 26 36

2014-15

EK : 82 21 45 66
Due : 82 7 39 46

Not sure what you're basing your argument on.

I'm assuming you're talking about 2014-15 because AINEC for 2011-12... So how exactly Karlsson stole a Norris from Doughty in 2014-15?

I'm pretty sure we're talking about 2015.

Regardless I think most reasonable people reached the conclusion that Doughty won the year Karlsson's team didn't make the playoffs and Karlsson won the year Doughty's team didn't make the playoffs. Everything else is splitting hairs and sour grapes.

If anything Doughty had a case for another one in 2018, one more would certainly make his already awesome legacy look better.

Nevertheless this is about Doughty and Keith, and your attempts to wedge your dude in by slamming Doughty are lame.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm pretty sure we're talking about 2015.

Regardless I think most reasonable people reached the conclusion that Doughty won the year Karlsson's team didn't make the playoffs and Karlsson won the year Doughty's team didn't make the playoffs. Everything else is splitting hairs and sour grapes.

If anything Doughty had a case for another one in 2018, one more would certainly make his already awesome legacy look better.

Nevertheless this is about Doughty and Keith, and your attempts to wedge your dude in by slamming Doughty are lame.

What is even more lame is a mod making that accusation without even looking at how the conversation started.

I quoted someone who said "Doughty’s Norris was a joke too". I didn't bring it up, I just added valuable facts. I wasn't part of the debate in 2015. I am pretty sure I am 100% allowed to discuss it and this is a thread regarding Drew Doughty and his Norris is pretty much in the conversation.

And in what world did I even slam Doughty? Did I even say one negative thing?

Your little flaming was very weak and immature. Great way to lead by exemple!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad