Dressing Sheep in Wolves Clothing (Mod Warning page 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I went on record here saying that I would be happy with Simmons and Chris Wagner this offseason...
Bump:

Hearing the Bruins have signed Chris Wagner (best hitting forward in the league) to a 2 year deal....

llllllooooookkkkksssss like I wasn't crazy after all for making this thread and saying we needed more grit up front?

Either that, or the Bruins organization got it all wrong with this signing? If that is the case, I'm glad we're wrong together.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Just a point of interest for the speed and skill brigade. Reports have Ryan Reaves signing a two year deal with Vegas for almost 3 million a year. Guess there must still be a place for players like him, or the guy who built both of this years cup finalists has it wrong and the analytics crew living in moms basement have it right

Reactions: Aeroforce

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Just a point of interest for the speed and skill brigade. Reports have Ryan Reaves signing a two year deal with Vegas for almost 3 million a year. Guess there must still be a place for players like him, or the guy who built both of this years cup finalists has it wrong and the analytics crew living in moms basement have it right

So, because GMGM makes a bonehead signing, it proves there is a place for players like him? I like Reaves, but $2.775m per?

Give me a f***ing break?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Was hoping to see this thread bumped.

Wagner is the perfect player for the back of the lineup. One of the best hitters in the league and can play PK. Has speed too.

Bottom guys don’t have to be the most skilled. But they shouldn’t be the won’t-hurt-ya-won’t-help-ya types either. You want guys who can do one or two outstanding things. Wagner is an outstanding hitter with a great motor.

Like a god damn glove.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So, because GMGM makes a bonehead signing, it proves there is a place for players like him? I like Reaves, but $2.775m per?

Give me a ****ing break?
Yup.. GM of the year, but what does he know. Austin Czarnik will prove to be a far more important signing.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Tough to argue McPhee's team building skills, but I'm much happier with Wagner at half the cost of Reaves.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Yup.. GM of the year, but what does he know. Austin Czarnik will prove to be a far more important signing.

There you go, as always, arguing against things no one ever says. I don't know why it's so difficult to read what someone writes, quote it and respond to it.

Also LOL at the idea that because he was named GM of the year, every move he makes is the right one. Chiarelli was once regarded as one of the best GM's in the league.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Is it possible for you to like the Wagner signing and not insult people at the same time.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Is it possible for you to like the Wagner signing and not insult people at the same time.

No. Because he creates these strawman arguments that everyone who posts here loves “Disney on ice” when in reality 90% of the posters on here in actuality love physical play but actually understand where the game is going.

Gotta keep up the narrative though

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No. Because he creates these strawman arguments that everyone who posts here loves “Disney on ice” when in reality 90% of the posters on here in actuality love physical play but actually understand where the game is going.

Gotta keep up the narrative though

The funny part is he keeps bringing up Reaves and Czarnik. Meanwhile the Flames have signed Czarnik, and were reportedly the 2nd closest to signing Reaves.

So I guess if it's OK for an NHL GM to see the value in small skilled players AND bigger more aggressive players, it's OK for fans like us to do the same.

Contrary to what some here believe.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The funny part is he keeps bringing up Reaves and Czarnik. Meanwhile the Flames have signed Czarnik, and were reportedly the 2nd closest to signing Reaves.

So I guess if it's OK for an NHL GM to see the value in small skilled players AND bigger more aggressive players, it's OK for fans like us to do the same.

you're almost waiting to see which enforcer builds the next Saddledome:laugh::naughty::D

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

And the fact that virtually nobody on here posts that they want an entire lineup of small speedy soft players. It’s so tiring hearing the same old myths all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad