Drastic makeover...give your suggestions for a fix..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Here is my effort:

Line #1: Morin Toews Dano
Line #2 : Panarin Anisimov Kane
Line#3 : TT Kero McNeill*
Line#4 : Bickell Shaw Hossa
13th F is Tikonov who would be 3RW if McNeill dies not gel in that spot..MCNEILL not having good start in Rockford...but he scored lots last season and maybe the promotion would re-motivate him..worth a try..Provides needed size and jam to the line.

WAIVE Kruger and Desjardins and Garbutt...

The re-constitured 4th line has to be better than any 4th with Desjardins and Kruger who stink so badly this year that any changes to the lune can hardly be worse.

Morin to the 1st line ..just a hunch ...sort of a forgotten asset...Been a decent to good plus/- guy the last few seasons

JUST got a feeling he and Dano on the line with Toews might gel..

AS TO d-pairs with Keith and Rozsival back..

Send TVR and Svedberg down
..do not need to clear waivers
Keith Seabrook
Hammer Rozsival
Daley Gustafsson
Rundblad 7th D spells Rozsival some nights..

AND THEY REQUIRE MORE CONSISTENT GOALTENDING FROM CC..

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Forwards:

Dano - Toews - Teravainen (*no longer used as a shutdown line)
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Shaw - Kero - Hossa
Desi - Kruger - Garbutt
Tikhonov

Swap Hossa and Teuvo if you need to after 5 games.

Defense
Keith - Seabrook
Hammer - Daley
TVR - Gustaf
Svedberg/Rozy

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Here is my effort:

13th F is Tikonov who would be 3RW if McNeill dies not gel in that spot..MCNEILL not having good start in Rockford...but he scored lots last season and maybe the promotion would re-motivate him..worth a try..Provides needed size and jam to the line.

The re-constitured 4th line has to be better than any 4th with Desjardins and Kruger who stink so badly this year that any changes to the lune can hardly be worse.

Morin to the 1st line ..just a hunch ...sort of a forgotten asset...Been a decent to good plus/- guy the last few seasons

Keith Seabrook
Hammer Rozsival
Daley Gustafsson

After this post I suggest you stop posting this kind of garbage (talking about the move to waive people). While tweaks can be made to suggest "WAIVE Kruger and Desjardins and Garbutt..." is just not well thought out.

Morin and McNeil up is an idea that could work but Morin should go on the third line with Hossa-Kero. Morin can score and can play a two-way game. He can snipe and the team needs a bit more of that. McNeil would be good for the 4th line with Kruger and Deji. I would trade Shaw because I think his shelf life here is gone and it clears cap space.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The drastic make-over idea is knee jerk this early.

Personally, I look forward to our defensive core getting back to where we were last season with Rozy and Keith back (and Keith healthy, which he obviously wasn't to begin this season).

Add the fact that the team has missed Garbutt's tenacity in the last week or so - not to mention that poor goaltending makes the situation look worse than it is.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Dano - Toews - Teuvo
Shaw - Kero - Hossa
Desjardins - Kruger - Garbutt
Tikhonov

Keith - Hammer
Seabrook - TVR
Gustafsson - Daley
Rozsival

Crawford
Darling (getting more starts than he has gotten of late)

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Dano - Toews - Teuvo
Shaw - Kero - Hossa
Desjardins - Kruger - Garbutt
Tikhonov

Keith - Hammer
Seabrook - TVR
Gustafsson - Daley
Rozsival

Crawford
Darling (getting more starts than he has gotten of late)

glad to see a few more you and others are starting to realize that Hossa needs to be on the 3rd line...this is the season for him to make the adjustment and for a few kids to get seasoned in the roles they will need to take for cup runs in the next 2-5 years...could they make a run this year, maybe but more likely lord stanley does not remain in the windy city this year......but those kids need to get comfy in the roles they will be in for the next run....I posted that forward lineup a few times already. I like it...and Danault/Macniel deserve a shot IMO as well....

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The drastic make-over idea is knee jerk this early.

Personally, I look forward to our defensive core getting back to where we were last season with Rozy and Keith back (and Keith healthy, which he obviously wasn't to begin this season).

Add the fact that the team has missed Garbutt's tenacity in the last week or so - not to mention that poor goaltending makes the situation look worse than it is.

Do you really think Rozy can ever get back to playoff Rozy? Regular season he sucked and now is another year older after major leg injury.

Mistake resigning him, should have gone younger and let the kids develop over the first half of the season.

No more retreads.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
In the past 2 days this has been what fiddy wants:

Toews to be left unprotected for expansion teams
Kruger/Desi/Garbutt waived
TVR sent to Rockford

My head might seriously explode. One point out of a playoff spot with a game in hand without the best defensman in the world out all year. Blow up the team, its over...

S A W F T*

Here is my effort:

Keith Seabrook
Hammer Rozsival
Daley Gustafsson

LOL! Calm down.

Keith is back, Hossa is back... lets relax and see how the Hawks play with a full roster.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Do you really think Rozy can ever get back to playoff Rozy? Regular season he sucked and now is another year older after major leg injury.

Mistake resigning him, should have gone younger and let the kids develop over the first half of the season.

No more retreads.

Disagree. Did Rozy play like a top 4 dman? No, but he was better than he gets credit for. Folks love to dwell on every mistake he makes, and overlook the good. He's far better than Rundblad and defensively better than Daley (assuming he can come back from injury).

Can he return to form after a bad ankle break is the question?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well Q is trying Dano back on line #1 to get Toews and Hossa going...But are they going to go or are they still away in some hockey hell? AT LAST on the comcastsportsnet chicago website they ask Should We Worry About Hossa? The consensus is not yet but if he isnot going by Christmas (and by implication if Toews and line #1 still floundering) then time to worry )but with the caveat that should the team go on a losing streak sometime between now and Christmas it could be too late to climb back into a playoff spot in the tough Western Conference .

AS to others not scoring Shaw's name was brought up...but of course I say that the 4th line problem is also acute. .And so apart from trying Dano back on.line #1 Q looks to use the blender on lines #3 and#4 and Desjardins gets deservedly benched.

SO it would be fascinating if any money was bet on whether line #1 or#3 or#4 will punch in a goal tonight against STL.
If every one of these lines fails to score a goal again ...then Q's latest blender moves will be shown as a fail..If Kruger goes -1 or worse again then he needs to be benched.And if Toews and Hossa go negative again then they too need a wake-up call..If Toews shows interest by another 1 shot only on goal"effort" then Q is nuts if he does not bench him ... $10.5million per..just remember that..and mustering 1 stinking shot on goal is hardly going to get you scoring goals..We know who has been lagging...Toews Hossa and Kruger are essential elements of success and if they persist in meh to awful continuation then something has to be done to wake them up. The blender act is pne thing..but it is mostly upon the individuals who are lagging to improve their own contribution by improving their own performance...not blaming. B the lagging on the non-ompact of their line-mates.. They must contribute first from their own talent (that is,if that talent has not left them).

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Disagree. Did Rozy play like a top 4 dman? No, but he was better than he gets credit for. Folks love to dwell on every mistake he makes, and overlook the good. He's far better than Rundblad and defensively better than Daley (assuming he can come back from injury).

If the bar is, he's better than Runblad so is Gustafson and Gus should get better. Rozy? Is he going to get better at this stage of his career? Highly doubt it.

So we'll spend another season not knowing what we have, so a vet can play.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
I don't get why some users are so condescending with Garbutt, its never speculated to sent him down. Just two miserable assists.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If the bar is, he's better than Runblad so is Gustafson and Gus should get better. Rozy? Is he going to get better at this stage of his career? Highly doubt it.

So we'll spend another season not knowing what we have, so a vet can play.

Rockford is the best place for Gus, Sved and Pokka to develop and get quality minutes until they are ready for the NHL. Hawks have enough on their hands trying to shelter Daley and yes, to some extent Rozy. Q is obviously relying on their experience to be adequate as 5th and 6th dman. If Rozy can't get back to form he will be sat, or waived, or retired. Meanwhile it should be a healthy competition in RFD between those 3 players vying for 1 spot that soon will become available with the Hawks. Fingers crossed that Rozy has at least one season left in him, because all 3 of those youngsters can use the seasoning.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Chicago has one possible/maybe defensive prospect in Pokka, and he is another year away. If Teravainen or Dano could be a part of something to fetch a very good young defenseman, thats what I'd be looking for. In one year, Chicago has lost Johns, Dahlbeck, Paliotta ... it's pretty impressive....as far as shaking up the roster ... there's really not a lot you can do....as there is no one in Rockford. I'd break up the first line and put Panarin with Toews and Shaw. Kane with Teravainen and Anisimov ... Hossa is a third liner at this point as he can't get his shot elevated ... have him play with Kruger and Dano. Tikhonov can play with Garbutt and Desjadins... Kero can go to Rockford.

I would do my best to get Daley off this team. He's got Rundblad's level of defensive awareness. He is a disaster out there and IF somehow this team makes the playoffs ... he's going to exposed time and time again. He's just an awful player.

This roster is really, really weak relative to what we're use to. And .500 hockey is exactly what I expect.

Maybe see if a small deal for Tlusty is possible ... just to change the 4th line. He and Gelinas were both healthy scratches.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Rockford is the best place for Gus, Sved and Pokka to develop and get quality minutes until they are ready for the NHL. Hawks have enough on their hands trying to shelter Daley and yes, to some extent Rozy. Q is obviously relying on their experience to be adequate as 5th and 6th dman. If Rozy can't get back to form he will be sat, or waived, or retired. Meanwhile it should be a healthy competition in RFD between those 3 players vying for 1 spot that soon will become available with the Hawks. Fingers crossed that Rozy has at least one season left in him, because all 3 of those youngsters can use the seasoning.

I disagree completely. Gustafson can play now. Why do they need seasoning to vie for the open 6D spot next season if he was more than adequate now?

To hope and pray for Rozy?

Play Gus and pick up a vet at the deadline if necessary would be my tactic.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I disagree completely. Gustafson can play now. Why do they need seasoning to vie for the open 6D spot next season if he was more than adequate now?

To hope and pray for Rozy?

Play Gus and pick up a vet at the deadline if necessary would be my tactic.

Debatable... perhaps wishful thinking on your part.

In fact, I think if Hawks took that approach, Q would go with Sved.

Last edited:

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
I think the Hawks need to catch lightning in a bottle again.

When they traded for Handzus he was considered almost done, a declining player who's relevant days were long behind him. But he ended up being a key player at 2C during the 2013 cup run, scoring some big goals and providing surprisingly good D with that long reach of his (he was killer on FOs, iirc).

They need a similar type of trade this year. The prospect of trading for a Marleau or JVR or Marchand is fun to think about but realistically it's not going to happen. But somewhere out there is an aging LW who's been supplanted by younger players, a guy who was a good point producer but who's ice time and scoring are evaporating. Someone who can be invigorated for a final run by the "juice" of playing a role on a cup contender.

But where is this guy? I bet SB is scouring rosters as we speak.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I will be shocked if bowman doesnt trade someone for a 40 year old vet at the trade deadline and then win the cup again.

(Btw, morin on first line? I guess that makes sense coming from the guy who said rundblad on first line.)

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I think the Hawks need to catch lightning in a bottle again.

When they traded for Handzus he was considered almost done, a declining player who's relevant days were long behind him. But he ended up being a key player at 2C during the 2013 cup run, scoring some big goals and providing surprisingly good D with that long reach of his (he was killer on FOs, iirc).

They need a similar type of trade this year. The prospect of trading for a Marleau or JVR or Marchand is fun to think about but realistically it's not going to happen. But somewhere out there is an aging LW who's been supplanted by younger players, a guy who was a good point producer but who's ice time and scoring are evaporating. Someone who can be invigorated for a final run by the "juice" of playing a role on a cup contender.

But where is this guy? I bet SB is scouring rosters as we speak.

Tlusty.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

The problem with Rosie is that he tries to outplay his actual ability--like on him blowing his coverage on Tarasenko's 1st. Thankfully he only did that once so far this year. If he plays like he did against Cal-Gary I have no issue with him.

Right now considering the past 2 games I'd have him pegged between 5 and 6 on the depth charts. I think Goose is/was better but if Goose is not going to play give him time in Rockford.

IMHO the real problem is carrying Runblad for no good reason, and to a lesser extent one of the extra forwards needs to be waived at some point. Get Goose back up and play him--use Rosie (who outside of blowing his coverage against the blues was invisible--not a bad thing) on a fill-in basis or to fill-in for Daley if/when Q decides to give him a game off for derping it up on the ice.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Here is my effort:

Keith Seabrook
Hammer Rozsival
Daley Gustafsson

Hmmmm, lets see here....Morin to the top line, Hossa to the 4th....Demoting TVR, waiving Kruger.....well, you've nailed a lot of crucial points.....but i think you're forgetting a few.

We need to fire Q and hire Barry Melrose.

Trade Toews and Kane for a 6th round pick. Think about the cap space we'd save, we might be able to resign Bickell AND go after Dustin Brown if it all works out in our favor...

Lastly package Keith, Hammer, Seabs, and Panarin in a deal for Tanner Glass and future cash considerations. Again, this opens up options to add other more valuable pieces.

Boom. Instant contender.

You were close, but i think i put on some nice finishing touches, you agree?

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Hiring barry melrose is much needed, for sure.

(Seriously, how do you come up with these blatantly absurd threads?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad