Rumor: Drake Caggiula not qualified by Blackhawks (Confirmed)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Sounds like Caggiula was not getting qualified

Given his concussions and rather meh play this year that would not be surprised

I think we have guys ready from system who can do what he does and more so I would be fine if Hawks move on

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
He's not listed there bc it's not confirmed whether or not he received one. That website is just talking the information that's already out there and regurgitating it.
That site is reputable and reliable.
A2943027-99AE-44EC-AB28-6933092790E1.gif

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Oilers wanted to sign both Caggiula and Stecher in the year they were college FAs but only signed Drake. Chia was a fool for trading him away for Manning. I’d bring both in for depth.

Reactions: TFHockey

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Cagguila is a bit if a physical, energy guy, isn't he ? Wouldn't mind him in Montreal depending on price.

He’s had multiple concussions and is one away from retirement. Still would like to see him play for a few more years but he needs to stop being a wrecking ball with his hits.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
He’s had multiple concussions and is one away from retirement. Still would like to see him play for a few more years but he needs to stop being a wrecking ball with his hits.

I don’t normally post in this forum but that’s not how concussions work. Can’t say one and done, if he has another concussion and doesn’t have lasting symptoms/post concussion syndrome it’s up in the air. Because he had issues with that in past, doesn’t mean he will have issues in future. The real issue is when you’ve had many, you’re getting them easier, your recovery time is long and getting worse following each additional concussion, etc. It’s not always an upwards slope where if a player was out say 40 games, he’ll be out 40+ games from the next one.

Hope he is healthy and makes the decision best for him though. Have to take life after hockey seriously

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don’t normally post in this forum but that’s not how concussions work. Can’t say one and done, if he has another concussion and doesn’t have lasting symptoms/post concussion syndrome it’s up in the air. Because he had issues with that in past, doesn’t mean he will have issues in future. The real issue is when you’ve had many, you’re getting them easier, your recovery time is long and getting worse following each additional concussion, etc. It’s not always an upwards slope where if a player was out say 40 games, he’ll be out 40+ games from the next one.

Hope he is healthy and makes the decision best for him though. Have to take life after hockey seriously

It's just the reckless style he plays and two major concussions in a year that scare me.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0191204-3hjhvvhagjf2pexrw6laf3poaa-story.html
https://thehockeywriters.com/blackhawks-drake-caggiula-one-hell-of-a-year/

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The whole Chicago list....
Now I’ll make a snively comment and say I’ll wait...

Everyone that's listed there as not being qualified was already confirmed by a Chicago beat. Or did you miss the part about public info?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago's one of the few (the only?) that doesn't announce who've they qualified.

it's really odd. just seems like an easy bit of information that they make people chase down
for no reason. oh well. i like caggiula but in a tight cap world with his injury history, i'd
probably squeeze him too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad