Value of: Drake Batherson

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Seems to have the same defensive iq as Karlsson.

That said, I'd take him on the Habs, but what the Habs have to offer isn't what the sens want and what the sens want Montreal isn't looking to move.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I’m sure Colorado would be interested and would pay a ton for him (assuming no issues with regards to WJC).

What are the Sens looking for?

Mar 26, 2010
If Ottawa were to trade him he would yield a good return.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Doubt he gets moved, just based on his contract. Almost a point per game and he has improved his defensive game relative to last year even though the sens are worse defensively as a whole.

They gotta move one or two guys but Bath isn't the smart move

Reactions: Agent Zub

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If they even do now. I have to imagine if there were any major wrongdoings by Batherson that would affect his career, we would have heard about it by now. Or at least a rumor/leak.

Yes, because if there's one thing we know about hockey (or society in general), its that millionaire men are always held accountable for their sexual misconduct.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I love the contract but this player will drive you insane. He’s not dumb enough to try to toe-drag through a player as the last man back, but it’s pretty close.

He’ll try to thread a pass through three players in the dying seconds of a power play knowing a player is coming out of the box. Multiple high risk low reward plays.

Most frustrating part? When he’s on it’s like magic. He will play a heavy, crafty game with all the skill and grit. Will hit a player through the boards on the forecheck and pick his pockets, send a saucer through the slot for a goal.

His contract is too good to give up but I question if we can win with so many one dimensional skill lack of defensive awareness players in our top six.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I love the contract but this player will drive you insane. He’s not dumb enough to try to toe-drag through a player as the last man back, but it’s pretty close.

He’ll try to thread a pass through three players in the dying seconds of a power play knowing a player is coming out of the box. Multiple high risk low reward plays.

Most frustrating part? When he’s on it’s like magic. He will play a heavy, crafty game with all the skill and grit. Will hit a player through the boards on the forecheck and pick his pockets, send a saucer through the slot for a goal.

His contract is too good to give up but I question if we can win with so many one dimensional skill lack of defensive awareness players in our top six.

Well, when you’ve only played for Uncle DJ that’s what happens.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
In a league that takes away draft picks multiple years after something happened - i wouldn't touch any of the WJC players until some official decision is handed out, also the Sens are cursed so watch them ban multiple guys from their roster.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I wouldn't realistically consider trading Batherson until the off-season at the absolute earliest. We need a better read on Norris and Pinto, to see where the offense stands.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I doubt it.

Give it another year and no one remembers.
Yep. They’re never going to come completely clean with it, because of the text messages and the videos. As weird or whatever you wanna call it, it is evidence in a court of law. So they’ll never be charged legally.

Because of that fact, Hockey Canada releasing anything that can be seen as effecting the player’s value in the NHL, opens themselves up to massive lawsuits and the players will win those suits, because of the videos.

Literally the only way we ever get the exact happenings released, is if players throw other players under the bus, and that’s probably never happening.

Those video, as strange, twisted and weird as they may seem to people, are what’s protecting them. Hockey Canada is in a no-win situation now. People also have to understand, the current investigation is also more about how HC tried hiding it, because they claim it was embarrassing to the program, NOT because it was a crime.

So anyone waiting for some report that effects players?? Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad