Post-Game Talk: Draisatl vs. Matheson. Why are you so pissy?

Which side are you on?

• Total voters

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I can't believe how whiny Matheson sounded. That's a dumb question, from a guy who asks a lot of dumb questions. Matheson has absolutely no self-awareness, and he seems to think he's better than anyone because he's been around. These are the same guys that couldn't be bothered to figure out how to use Zoom for a year, give me a break with the respect talk. Speak to each other like normal human beings, and maybe the players would give you better answers.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
for the record you dont get to trash the team players day in and day out while letting the coaches and management field softballs from over and over. the players do not owe you or your out of date newspaper ass a second of their time.

Leons passive aggressive way of saying it doesnt matter what i say you will make something up anyway was perfect

Jay Harris

Feb 24, 2020
Matheson needs to read the room .... team is in a brutal stretch .... why would Leon not be edgy?
And if you have a personal problem with how he answers you do 2 things:
1 - Ask better questions
2 - Talk to him one to one .... don't use a whiny tone and ask why he is so pissy during a press confernce ... unprofessional

You're a "hall of fam journalist" ... be one.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I actually find this quite entertaining and like the back and forth. Reminds me of the older days, Brooksy in NY and all that, all the good soundbites! Agreed the answers need to come from above not necessarily Drai and McD who have carried the team offensively for 5+ years

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Can anyone give me a good reason why post practice interviews exist that isn't just to keep these "journalists" employed?

One of these guys is at the top of a minuscule pool of people with the ability to play hockey at the highest level. The other spends his time writing opinion pieces that have nothing to do with the non answers he gets every interview and is replaced by pretty much every opinionated oiler fan on any fan site, twitter, reddit, facebook, etc.

Imagine thinking the second guy has any right to snap at the first for not giving him the controversial loaded question answer he was digging for,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad