Draisatl and Puljujarvi vs Tkachuk and Bennett

Which one would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Draisaitl will probably win due to riding unsustainable percentages to a career year he'll never hit again, but next to Backlund and Frolik in a normal year he probably doesn't score much more than Tkachuk just did. I think they're pretty close. Then Bennett is a pretty useful tweener forward who still has some upside, whereas Poolparty looks like a bust. It's close. I'm leaning Calgary for now unless Draisaitl can show he can center his own line at an elite level or Puljujarvi shows something to justify his draft position

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Draisaitl will probably win due to riding unsustainable percentages to a career year he'll never hit again, but next to Backlund and Frolik in a normal year he probably doesn't score much more than Tkachuk just did. I think they're pretty close. Then Bennett is a pretty useful tweener forward who still has some upside, whereas Poolparty looks like a bust. It's close. I'm leaning Calgary for now unless Draisaitl can show he can center his own line at an elite level or Puljujarvi shows something to justify his draft position

Tkachuk scored 48 of his points with Mark Giordano on the ice and 32 of his points with Gaudreau/Monahan on the ice.

Defensive linemates matter. Special teams linemates matter. You can’t act like they don’t exist.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well it's basically Tkachuk and Bennett vs Draisaitl.

I value depth a lot and getting 2 useful players is often better than 1 so for me it's close. On the other hand, Draisaitl is the best player and a center.

I think if you have a great #1 center already Tkachuk and Bennett is better, but if not then Drai. Pick for blank lineup? Drai so i have that center figured out right off the bat. So voted for him.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
I think despite how much of a bust Pulju is, the 50 goal scoring 100+ point player edges it.

You really are a homer if you don't see it that way.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
You can get a player the level of Puljujarvi off waivers, so he really doesn't add much to this poll. Essentially it's Draisaitl alone against the two Flames.

I pick Drai.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think despite how much of a bust Pulju is, the 50 goal scoring 100+ point player edges it.

Maybe, but at the same time what are the chances Draisaitl is a 50 goal, 100 point player moving forward? He shot at 21.6% last year and had yet to score 30 goals before last season, 14.7 sh pct over those seasons.

Seems a bit optimistic to expect that moving forward, he likely settles somewhere in between the years before and last. That's what i assume and still ended up going with Drai.

But yeah if you're right then it's not close.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If Columbus just stuck with the consensus draft rankings and picked JP then this poll would be Draisaitl and Tkachuk vrs Dubois/Nylander/Sergachev and Bennett...

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Bennett is not that good, even if pul = nothing Bennett is not enough to close the gap between Drai and Tkachuk

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Yeah, not sure why you even added Pul to the poll as he is not an NHL player at this time. Does not matter too much as Draisaitl still wins it but Pul was an odd choice.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Both had the same amount of pts in their d+3 years. Unless draisaitl gets above 300 shots, it’s unlikely he’s sustaining 50 goals next year.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Well it's basically Tkachuk and Bennett vs Draisaitl.

I value depth a lot and getting 2 useful players is often better than 1 so for me it's close. On the other hand, Draisaitl is the best player and a center.

I think if you have a great #1 center already Tkachuk and Bennett is better, but if not then Drai. Pick for blank lineup? Drai so i have that center figured out right off the bat. So voted for him.

I think Drai needs to play center first so that you know what you have there. If he was a proven center then I would vote for him np. But as of now this is between 2 wingers and 1 of them happens to be glued to hip of mcdavid.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Tkachuk scored 48 of his points with Mark Giordano on the ice and 32 of his points with Gaudreau/Monahan on the ice.

Defensive linemates matter. Special teams linemates matter. You can’t act like they don’t exist.

I'm not ignoring it, I just didn't delve into it in a single paragraph post. The implication was 5v5 linemates, and being the driver on your line. They both have help on the PP, and while Giordano helps as well, he's not really an amazing offensive defenseman that's going to significantly boost forwards, despite his point totals this year.

I wasn't trying to suggest Tkachuk is in some terrible situation for points, but being the best forward on your line is a different situation than playing with the best player in the world, even when the other pieces around you aren't as good. Tkachuk was in an average or maybe slightly below situation. Draisaitl isn't a 50 goal scorer or 100 point player in a normal year with McDavid let alone in the same situation as Tkachuk.

Reactions: DirtDiver

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Draisaitl is a superstar player, Tkachuk is a borderline-star player, Bennett is a 3rd liner and Pulju is an AHLer. it's not close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad