Draisaitl is NHL material, not AHL!

NinthFall*

Leon Draisaitl was called up yesterday by EDM and before that he had 2 points in 6 games in the AHL. He woke up early and had a long day flying to the game and still managed to outplay his own AHL stats in one game.

I think this means he lacks motivation in the AHL, but really steps it up in the NHL. He's definitely good enough for NHL. I can only imagine how he feels being first round pick last year while McDavid was first rounder this year and still despite of showing he is more than ready for the NHL, the management sents him down to AHL, while McDavid stays in the NHL.

I get all the no rushing thing, but he's ready and sending him down will only hurt his development from now on. Keep him in the NHL!

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
If anything this would be a problem. You're not going to try when things aren't going your way? Then you're not the kind of player I'd want.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Leon Draisaitl was called up yesterday by EDM and before that he had 2 points in 6 games in the AHL. He woke up early and had a long day flying to the game and still managed to outplay his own AHL stats in one game.

I think this means he lacks motivation in the AHL, but really steps it up in the NHL. He's definitely good enough for NHL. I can only imagine how he feels being first round pick last year while McDavid was first rounder this year and still despite of showing he is more than ready for the NHL, the management sents him down to AHL, while McDavid stays in the NHL.

I get all the no rushing thing, but he's ready and sending him down will only hurt his development from now on. Keep him in the NHL!

Yep...

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Didn't Scrivens get a 59 shot shut out in his first game in Oil country... wonder what happened to him....

Point being in case it flew over peoples heard, one game does not an NHL player make.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Draisaitl was the best player in that game, even better than McDavid.

He finished with 2 goals but was making things happen all night long. I don't think he was turning it down in the AHL, more like turning it up in the NHL to make sure he sticks.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Didn't Scrivens get a 59 shot shut out in his first game in Oil country... wonder what happened to him....

Point being in case it flew over peoples heard, one game does not an NHL player make.

Point in case being that your reply has nothing to do with the subject topic.

Despite whatever cosmetic connection you're making.

Last edited:

Aceonfire*

It's amazing what happens when you go from playing with career AHLers to actual NHLers.

Draisaitl was playing well in Bakersfield but the team wasn't scoring a whole lot. He did well in the preseason and the Pentiction tournament also.

It is just one game though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
um. All right. I didn't realize we the HF populous were the ones keeping him out of the NHL. But well said.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
1 game.... Yes he did have a great game and has a very promising pedigree but it is one game. I don't think anyone ever doubted he would be in the NHL at some point this year. The kid will be good a NHLer.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
1 game.... Yes he did have a great game and has a very promising pedigree but it is one game. I don't think anyone ever doubted he would be in the NHL at some point this year. The kid will be good a NHLer.

For the entire season we're gonna be seeing "save the Oilers" threads at every juncture.

We have but threads to grasp :laugh:

Jan 3, 2012
Edmonton management must be so shocked how other teams can get production out of their top ten picks without surrounding them with first overalls. Shocking :sarcasm:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
"sending him down will hurt his development" :laugh:

After one game.... I mean, do you ever REMEMBER last season?

He had a decent game yesterday playing with Hall and RNH. Had a lucky goal and a perfect feed for an open net. Good for him.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Is anyone surprised that LD is doing well in the NHL? I doubt it. Kid has looked to be a stud.

FWIW, I agree with the earlier poster who said that if LD is doing better bc his hurt feelings from being passed by McDavid have been assuaged, it's a concern. If you're going to go half-assed bc you didn't get all the trophies and ribbons, you'll probably have problems in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad