Post-Game Talk: Drai. Soup. Playoffs.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So you can't, makes sense.

So this is a thing.

I’m not sure what 77 for Anaheim was doing on that play, but most players would have challenged Connor and tried to get a stick on the puck to deflect it out of play.

Edit: Looks like that was Vatrano, who is not known for his defensive acumen.

Reactions: Klimando Kostani

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Still don't trust him. A good game against probably the worst team in the league doesn't change much yet. lol. But hey, a shut out is a shut out. He didn't give up 5+ like usual. A good small step.
His average says he gives up about .7 gpg then skinner.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
You can tell eastern media drives the narrative in hockey. How else do you explain the Knights and King's moving up in multiple power rankings and the Oilers being 9-0-1 moving down in the one's I have seen lol

Last edited:

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

just-beautiful-married-to-medicine.gif

Boyle Street Globetrotters.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Lol the score sure updated kings standings and gave them there X might quick compared to the oilers after they clinched lolol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Jack is a goof and a ridiculous homer (and some of his banter with Lou is just downright cringy) but at least he makes the games entertaining.

Call me weird but I enjoy the banter, it’s like you’re sitting there with a couple buddies watching the game. Makes the viewing more personal for me anyway, and love that he’s a homer! :nod:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Definitely. Bellingham is 20 minutes once you cross the border and they have a Costco. Even after the crappy conversion rate, your saving 50 cents a litre on gas there.
unreal, and about to get more expensive. Carbon Tax coming into effect

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
You can tell eastern media drives the narrative in hockey. How else do you explain the Knights and King's moving up in multiple power rankings and the Oilers being 9-0-1 moving down in the one's I have seen lol

I have only seen them moved down in one power ranking (ESPN - from 9 to 11)

Most of the others I saw have moved them up. For example:
The Hockey Writers from 8 to 3; Daily Faceoff from 9 to 5; USA Today from 10 to 8

How ESPN or any of the outlets you've seen managed to find ways to drop the Oilers in their rankings is certainly hilarious.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
In the 2005-2006 season Horcoff had all 3 goals in an Oiler win against Pittsburgh. One goal was even strength, one PP, one SH.
Thanks for digging that up. I never would have guessed Horcoff but I guess it makes sense. He was a versatile player.

Horcoff = Draisaitl ;)

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad