NHL 19 Drafting in Franchise Mode

Suppy

Feb 10, 2019
Drafting needs a lil look in franchise mode. You can find way too many high end prospects. Should be able to go back through all the drafts since 2000 and see how many prospects from each draft class play in the NHL and impacts of players (Franchise, Elite, Bottom6, etc..). You seem to be able to find solid goalies in every draft when is not the case always. Just would like them to tweak their algorithm for generating players for the draft and make it more difficult to find studs. And not all 1st round picks should be locks to play in the show. Every draft show they talk about how for example draft position 22nd in round 1 has produced a lack of NHL players. Nail Yakupov didn’t become what he was touted to become and he was a 1st overall. Should be more volitlity in the draft. Love to hear opinions and thoughts on this!

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Agreed. It's too easy to load up on elite and franchise potential players, which makes the game super boring once you get a few years in. I also wish scouts were just wrong sometimes. The varying degrees of certainty thing is nice, but IRL, scouts can very much be both sure (or as sure as you can be in a job with so much guess work/projection, anyway) and wrong about players. I mean, Yakupov wasn't the consensus #1 in 2011 because scouts got it right. Brayden Point didn't slip to the 3rd round because scouts got it right. There should be a bit more surprise/uncertainty in the draft.

Suppy

Feb 10, 2019
Exactly, In the game a scout ranked A+ Shouldn’t be able to tell you exactly everything about a player, but get you close to the ball. Like a scout who isn’t great with certain aspects of player evaluation shouldn’t be able to pin point attributes in those areas as well

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
So i dont disagree with what you are saying but i dont think this is an issue. I think its a symptom of a bigger issue. Players value should be more cahotic. Yeah this player is elite this season but you botched his progression and his value is no just top 6. Oh you f***ed him up again now he is bottom 6. With the exception of like players drafted in the top 5 value should change fairly rapidly. In the real nhl their is dozens of flavor of the month prospects that everyone wants and then 3 months later no one cares about. Some do make the NHL and have a good career others are busts but the amount of prospects that fail to live up to the insane hype every year would easily be represented by the value not being so static.

Also would love for trade values to change team to team like in NBA 2k as that would also fix this issue. To you this new drafted player has a ton of value because you are rebuilding but to a team contending his value is half because they need players today and not in 3 years. This would also help create situations where a team in need has to over pay like the oilers for larsson or the habs for gomez.

Reactions: NHL WAR

Suppy

Feb 10, 2019
I like what you’re saaaying I think development should be huge in the game, drafting is the first step of many go follow, I just think that drafting successfully should be a bit harder, I’d love to know the percentage of NHLers from every round of every draft since the lockout and see how many have a NHL career, how many are elite and so on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad