Draft ticket prices are insane

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
120 isn't insane for the reds IMO. Thats 60 bucks a day to be sat in the reds a few feet away from all execs and players.
The execs are are on the floor at their team tables. The biggest perk is close-up views of the players moms.
I can’t even begin to imagine how boring Day 2 is.
At least Day 2 moves quickly. On Day 1, there's how many minutes between picks and you don't hear any of the analysis etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Not sure if it's only for me, but I got some tickets (went through a season ticks holder), and the Reds are already almost sold out. The only thing left is Club Desjardins and Whites

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Danault is there im coming down the stairs WWE style

9325 - Dean_Ambrose Seth_Rollins gif wrestlemania wwe.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is he still employed by them? I thought it was some sort of temporary thing.

He's very much still employed by them. He's an advisor now and when he was hired, there was a rumor that he'd become an Assistant GM next year.

LA is one of the few, if not only, team in the NHL not to have any Assistant GMs.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
when you see the building half empty ...you'll know why..lol
These events are no longer for families, in fact pro sports in general fit that moniker. It is a shame because it robs ensuing generations of the pure joy it brings to the Everyman and their family! Prices in general even for college sports are out of hard, 50 dollars to see a college basketball game in Syracuse! No thank you! Glad I grew up in the 70s, we could still enjoy the experience of being there. In old age I’m content watching these events on TV, I’m not so sure that our youth get as much out of it on TV! As THEY say MONEY TALKS etc, etc!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The execs are are on the floor at their team tables. The biggest perk is close-up views of the players moms.

At least Day 2 moves quickly. On Day 1, there's how many minutes between picks and you don't hear any of the analysis etc.

Day 2 moves quicker because they don't go on the stage to present the player with the jersey and take pictures like they do in the 1st round. Teams simply stay at the table and announce their picks. I think teams are on the clock the same amount of minutes as in the 1st round.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Seems pretty reasonable.
Both days were fun as hell with friends but the first one obviously better.

Reactions: Redux91

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Day 2 moves quicker because they don't go on the stage to present the player with the jersey and take pictures like they do in the 1st round. Teams simply stay at the table and announce their picks. I think teams are on the clock the same amount of minutes as in the 1st round.
I understand that. Day 1's all about appeasing the prime time TV audience. Only the junkies like us are watching on Day 2 which is usually a nice Saturday in late-June.

Last year was the longest I've ever seen Day 2 go and I don't know if that's because it was done virtually without dinner and flight reservations to get to. Normally Day 2 moves quickly like a fantasy hockey draft. They'll cut out for an ad and there will be 4-5 picks made before they're back.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I thought it'd be way more, seems very reasonable to me, what were they charging in 09?
I was at the McDavid draft in 15’….was free to get in but 15$USD beers and 12$USD hotdogs.

But you know what, it’s FUN !!!!!!! :cool:

Seeing little Bettman walking around and partaking in the booing was worth it!!

imagine using money to watch the draft when you can watch the whole thing at home with actual comments
You can be at the arena while streaming TSN off your phone and listening through your Beats or whatever headphones you have

Reactions: Justin11
Aug 3, 2021
I know we got first pick but the draft should be price friendly for family and kids.
Most families and kids don't care about watching a draft. It's something only really avid fans enjoy watching. :laugh: If you really think about it, it's one of the most niche sports events you can watch in any sport.

I understand it's not niche to members of a board about prospects but I'm talking about the average person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad